Enter to win: Tool kit from Sadoun - Ends 3/31/09

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This remind me that my brother has not returned the set of compression tools he borrowed a couple of months ago.

I was a crimper for 29 years and in the past year I have switched to compression connectors. My gripe for years was that compression connectors had a nasty habit of pulling out with little force. They have since improved that and are now as tight as a crimp.

sign me up:

"Odds of winning varies depending upon number of entries."

Ummm... so is there no limit? One per day or something like that?
If not, I can foresee this becoming a very loooong thread... maybe even record levels!

I think that's "total entries", not how many times you or I enter. :rolleyes:
Sadoun said:
Multiple submissions automatically disqualified

As for connectors, before these compression jobs, I remember SOLDERING PL-259's....
What a PITA they were!.
Yea, compression forever! - :up

Compression fittings have a variety of advantages over crimp or push-on fittings...

-They are very resistant to weather, often featuring built-in gasket seals.

-They can generally withstand around 80 pounds pullout force, so they aren't coming off.

-They provide a 360-degree bond with the cable shield, making them the best choice to prevent ingress or egress of signals.

-The 360-degree bond with the cable shield is precise, allowing the connector to retain proper impedance.

-They are available in a variety of models, including F, RCA, and BNC.

Specifications vary between manufacturers, but I wouldn't trust my install to anything less than compression fittings!

This is a nice kit. Sadoun is part of the econimic stimulus. Win a tool kit, buy sone quckcrete from the lumberyard, a post from the fence guy, a shovel for trenching from the hardware store. Help the lady across the street by fixing her crappy DN install. At least three other business and a sweet old lady will benefit from your contest. It's amazing how one small act of kindness can affect so many others. Thanks for yet another great contest.

I have always used crimp style connectors since I have a fairly good crimper that crimps the other RF connectors I deal with every day. I can see the way the compression connectors are built why they are preferred by most, and I am certainly willing to switch!
C.

Look like it won't pull off, like most RG-6 cable ends do. I'd like to do all my cable ends with it!
That's what I like about these... those cheapie ends pulling off can be really aggrivating! Looks like a great set of tools. Thanks for the contest, Sadoun! :D:up

Superior design, watertight, won't pull off. Just plain and simple a great connector to use indoors or outside.

Sadoun, .. your forum is up?

I am not at my regular computer now.. - but trying from here .. and it keeps on telling me:

Code:
Opening Page, please wait ....... 

If page does not open, click here, please!

at your forum's page there..

"clicking here" doesn't help.. - it keeps on doing over and over again..

Maybe it's my old browser here? .. - hmmm. - i ll try from my regular computer later on :)

figured to let you know anyhow ;)

I like and use compression connectors, because not only do they help to keep out the weather elements and look pretty decent while doing so, but they are also a lot easier to install. Whenever something is easier, it's always better. Thanks Sadoun for the chance to win a great gift and decent kit!

I use compression connectors because I now I know better. The compression connector is a huge improvement over what I have used in the past. I don't see any reason to use anything else now.
Thanks for the contest!

At last I'd have a chance to clean-up what could possibly be the most messy installation job ever!

Nice set of tools Sadoun. Compression F connectors are a must for every satellite install. They do not pull off the coax and they are also weatherproff, they do not allow any moisture to wick into the connection. Moisture will short out any connection and will wick down the coax and eventually destroy the coax. I dont know how many connections have to been replaced due to moisture from a crimp f connector destroying the connection. Satelliteguys is a gret site, lots of helpful members. If you have a problem there is always someone here who knows whats wrong and knows how to fix it properly. Thanks for the contest.

If you've ever used the screw-on type connectors, you'll understand what I mean when I say using compression connectors is a no-brainer. Just not having to go back and re-do the connections outweighs ANY disadvantage you might find with the compression connectors.

Weatherproof! Also it looks like a better connection then a standard crimp type and way better then the screw on type.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)