Help with Motor Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

flee1049

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
Cali
I just bought a HH90 motor with a Fortec 36" and an Invacom QPH-031....I was wondering what my true south satellite would be......

Latitude: 34.0989°
Longitude: -118.1650°

Motor Latitude: 34.1°
Declination Angle: 5.5°
Dish Elevation: 39°
Elevation: 50.4°
Azimuth (true): 180.0°
Azimuth (mag.): 167.1° using Compass

Which satellite would I first have to point it to? It seems like 119? But isn't that Circular? I would have to plug the coax into the (C Port) correct?

I also have a Birdog meter....so that might be helpful in finding it...

Which satellite would I first have to point it to? It seems like 119? But isn't that Circular? I would have to plug the coax into the (C Port) correct?

You are correct, 119 is the bird, its circular so plug your coax into a C port and set your receiver to circular (11250). Put your receiver in USALS mode. Move the whole assembly on the mast slightly east/west until you find the signal, then tighten. select the nimiq birds at 91 and 82 and see if you can hit them. Make adjustments until those birds are close and then put the coax on a L port and change to 10750 in your receiver and you should be close to all the linear birds in the arc, you might need to make some minor adjustments.

It seems like 119? But isn't that Circular? I would have to plug the coax into the (C Port) correct?
I would start there, but it's a very powerful Sat - too easy to find when setting up a motor. Yes, you would connect to the LNBs "C" port.
In the Receiver's setup menu:
LNB Type: Standard / Single
LNB L.O. / Freq: 11250

I would not even connect the cables to the Motor, connect directly to the LNB.
These are the 3 things you need to set for the Dish / Motor:
Motor Latitude Scale: 34.1
Azimuth (mag.): 167.1° using Compass (leave the bolt loose enough to twist on the pole)
Dish Elevation: 39 or best signal

After you get the 119 Sat, power down the receiver, connect the motor, connect to the LNBs "L" port, and try for try for Satmex 5 @ 116.7.
In the receiver's setup menu find Satmex 5, enter LNB info:
LNB Type: Standard / Single
LNB Freq: 10750
Motor: USALS and enter your Location, Lat "North" and Long "West"
SatelliteGuys.US - 118.7°W Anik F3 Ku
Have the Receiver drive to the Sat, try to get signal.

Thanks for the helps guys....I will try this later and let you know how it goes...

I just bought a HH90 motor with a Fortec 36" and an Invacom QPH-031....I was wondering what my true south satellite would be......

Latitude: 34.0989°
Longitude: -118.1650°

Motor Latitude: 34.1°
Declination Angle: 5.5°
Dish Elevation: 39°
Elevation: 50.4°
Azimuth (true): 180.0°
Azimuth (mag.): 167.1° using Compass

Flee,

Did you intentionally put the (-) in front of your longitude degree?

I understand that it is correct for the western hemisphere, but it seems odd to me to have someone utilize that notation.

E = (+) and W = (-)

Just curious.

Radar

Flee,

Did you intentionally put the (-) in front of your longitude degree?

I understand that it is correct for the western hemisphere, but it seems odd to me to have someone utilize that notation.

E = (+) and W = (-)

Just curious.

Radar

I C&P from dishpointer.com :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)