EPG info for OTA digital sub-channels is working!

The are SLOWLY rolling out Local OTA Guide Data and are now offering this service in a handfull of cities. They will continue to expand the rollout as time goes on. It seems like they add a few new cities about once a week.

The are SLOWLY rolling out Local OTA Guide Data and are now offering this service in a handfull of cities. They will continue to expand the rollout as time goes on. It seems like they add a few new cities about once a week.

Scott,

Any reason why the EPG data is showing up on the 211 receivers and not on the 622?

SO the question is for me, is this for locals subscribers only and for the Vip622 also?

Anyone in Vegas get the OTA data on the Vip622 without subscribing to the locals?

My 211 is getting th local guide data and I do not subscribe to locals or distants. I did not check the PBS sub channels, but all my other locals here in Small Pensacola are on the 211.

I had no guide data two days ago. I just noticed the data last night. I get ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC. PBS and WJTC(Ind). My CW is not HD anymore. So no CW listing. I will check the PBS two sub channels tonight. My DMA size is about # 62. Thank you, Dish

Last edited:
that is interesting.

I do subscribe to the locals package but might consider dropping it if I can get everything OTA. I'm in the same market as jerryez, and for me WSRE and WEIQ (PBS) have all digital subchannels populated. WSRE's -2 listings say they go "off air" at 7pm but that's a problem with the data they are providing, not Dish.

by the way, ch. 21 and 33 just launched their digital stations a couple weeks or so ago.

Last edited:
I have get everything OTA and do not subscribe to dish for my locals. I get the guide data on my 2 - 411's but not my 622. Will that be changing soon??

I also get the two PBS sub channels and even a listing for whbr(religious). I just checked my 811 and I get OTA listings on it also.

I just noticed today that I am now getting guide info for my OTA , including sub channels, on my 942. Do not have my 622 hooked up to OTA, so have not checked that. I get the distants and no locals. Have never had the guide info in the past.

I get my locals OTA only and found them listed this past week on my 921's EPG, Yahoo!:) Hope they stay. It's a real PITA having to record the backassward way (manually) for locals without it. I'm in the Flint, Michigan area.

y'all aren't going to believe this. but i'm getting guide info for locals on my 942, and i'm NOT a locals sub.

I BELIEVE. I've NEVER paid Dish for locals & mine showed up in my 921's EPG this past week.:) Hope they stay there! I'm in the Flint, Michigan area. Just the main channels so far (no subs) but that beats the hell outta nuttin'.

I suddenly started getting my local OTA Guide, even though I don't subscribe to locals.

Since Dish is offering me locals currently for free until the end of the year, I kinda wonder if I will get the local OTA guide AFTER I call Dish at the end of December to cancel the locals, which I don't want and won't ever pay for.

SAVE OUR DISTANTS, EAST AND WEST!

anyone know if this is working in Cinci? I am getting dish in a couple weeks, and would rather not pay for locals just to get the EPG info. (But I will if I have to)

anyone know if this is working in Cinci? I am getting dish in a couple weeks, and would rather not pay for locals just to get the EPG info. (But I will if I have to)

I'm not from Cinci, I don't know the answer to this, but I know a way you can find out.

Go to This thread and download the .pdf files that digiblur posted. Then do a search for some of the Cinci stations that might have extra EPG information. If you see one in the 14xxx channel range, then that is where the EPG information is being broadcast to (and thus posted on your OTA listing). For example the KMIZ2, KMIZ3, KMIZ4 recently began to have the sub-channel EPG information.

Hope that helps.

My 622 was installed a couple of weeks ago. I live in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. I'm receiving LIL channels at this time, without charge, until Jan1. Everything is working fine except I do not have EPG OTA sub-channel info. Should I be getting this data or isn't this feature enabled on the 622?

My 622 was installed a couple of weeks ago. I live in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. I'm receiving LIL channels at this time, without charge, until Jan1. Everything is working fine except I do not have EPG OTA sub-channel info. Should I be getting this data or isn't this feature enabled on the 622?

Here is a link to a listing of the sub channel info currently available on Dish. It does look like there are some Virginia channels listed, so there is a good chance you should be getting the info.

Still waiting for sub channel info in Minneapolis...sigh. :(

one thing i think not mentioned here yet, even if you don't sub to locals you would need to have a dish pointed at the appropriate place where your locals package comes from, as that's where they are uplinking the subchannel guides also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts