EPG issues with 522 and L291

JonBlack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
Lowcountry, SC
I hate E* software engineers right now! :(

This morning when I got up and started watching E* I tried to use the EPG. Well, it seems like it isn't updating properly. At first it wouldn't let me go past 1:00 PM today. After I rebooted several times it still wouldn't finally. I set to enable downloads at 10:00 AM hoping it would update. I guess it kind of did. I could now go past 1:00 PM but 90% of everything said "No Info Available". On the local channels it won't let me go past the hour. I tried disabling the updates, so when I powered off it woud update. Still nothing.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I have the same problem. The EPG only shows info for the next hour. After that it says NO INFO AVAILABLE. Rebooting hasen't helped. This just started when I received the 2.91 upgrade.

Joe Searfoss said:
I have the same problem. The EPG only shows info for the next hour. After that it says NO INFO AVAILABLE. Rebooting hasen't helped. This just started when I received the 2.91 upgrade.
My EPG was working as of last night. I'll have to check this evening to see if new info has been downloaded. I don't know when 2.91 was released but this was the first time I had this issue that I'm aware of. My wife uses the 522 more than me and if the EPG was messing up I'd hear about it.

You can force an update to EPG by doing a check switch test from the point dish menu. This might fix the missing guide information.

I'm still at version version 2.55, at least I was last night. Don't know if it updated overnight or not.

maximum said:
You can force an update to EPG by doing a check switch test from the point dish menu. This might fix the missing guide information.

I'm still at version version 2.55, at least I was last night. Don't know if it updated overnight or not.
That might of been what happened to me. I did run a couple of check switches towards the end of my rebooting.

In case you can't tell I hate calling E* tech support.

L291 here since this morning. ERD did not enable USB :mad:. So what did they ever intend to put it in the back of the receiver for?
The other mentioned new functions are nice though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)