EPG time goofy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
All day yesterday my Program guide was off by an hour. Everything else about it was accurate.

Anyone else have that problem?

This is weird....

I called SRL to see if there was a problem within the system or it was just my unit.
The guy reported no problems and said it must just be my STB. He offered me a rehit and so I moved the dish over to G1-3 and went to options 6-5

......and it was at this point that I noticed my hits had dropped to "0"

I know that it was not 0 before so something has happened to reset this without me doing anything. I got the rehit and the counter went to "5" and the time was corrected.

Any ideas?

You must have had a power glitch. All 4DTV's should be on a UPS. I did that with mine few years back and never regretted it.

Mine is

I had powered down to see if that would help, then I did a hard reboot. Neither helped the time thing.
Finally the rehit worked. But that doesn't explain the hit counter.

You must have had a power glitch. All 4DTV's should be on a UPS. I did that with mine few years back and never regretted it.

No power glitches I am aware of. I would have had to reset the time on my TV or on my clock radio.

The clock on my DSR922 first got off on Friday night early Saturday last week after I upgraded my programming. NPS gave me a free month with the additional channels on the Absolute package.

Mine is

I had powered down to see if that would help, then I did a hard reboot. Neither helped the time thing.
Finally the rehit worked. But that doesn't explain the hit counter.

My 4DTV did a weird thing once. It did a soft reset by itself plugged in. I have a friend that this happened to 3 or 4 times then it did a master reset by itself. It seems that when the memory gets corrupted in the 4D that it can do some weird things. After my friends 4D did the MR it's been fine. Anyway the point is if it did a soft reset while you weren't there you wouldn't know but it will clear the trip counter.

No power glitches I am aware of. I would have had to reset the time on my TV or on my clock radio.

The clock on my DSR922 first got off on Friday night early Saturday last week after I upgraded my programming. NPS gave me a free month with the additional channels on the Absolute package.

We'll with NPS anything is possible. They could have sent out some weird Hits.

I called SRL to see if there was a problem within the system or it was just my unit.
The guy reported no problems and said it must just be my STB. He offered me a rehit and so I moved the dish over to G1-3 and went to options 6-5

I know that it was not 0 before so something has happened to reset this without me doing anything. I got the rehit and the counter went to "5" and the time was corrected.

Any ideas?

After calling SRL for a rehit, the time has been corrected.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I will be adding a UPS.

Mark in Portland

Any ideas?

Back in 2007 I bought a brand new 922. It started to reboot itself every once in a while. One day I came home to find it dead. After a long struggle for several months I finally got another new 922 and I think it was among the last built. In fact it took so long I bought and used a DSR410 for awhile.

I hope it's only a random event. Once and a while the receivers do funny things.

My 922 I actually crashed it. I sent a bunch of commands real fast one after the other with the remote and it rebooted. I guess the slow processor couldn't keep up with me :) My friends did stuff by itself and still works today. These things are computers how many times has your PC crashed over the years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)