Epix & Dish in Talks

Since Cinemax for a penny is coming to an end, what about Dish offering the same deal for Epix? Even if the variety of HD on-air programming isn't the same as Cinemax, given the online on-demand offerings alone, it would be a nice olive branch for subs affected by the loss of the Cinemax promotion.

I doubt theyre gonna negotiate a long term contract with Epix to turn around and offer it for a penny. No offense but that seem more dream then logical.

Nice Idea

I thought it would be cool for Epix to come on a promo like the max for $.01. I think most likely that am7crew is correct. Maybe they will do some kind of deal like the HBO & Showtime for 3 months.

I thought it would be cool for Epix to come on a promo like the max for $.01. I think most likely that am7crew is correct. Maybe they will do some kind of deal like the HBO & Showtime for 3 months.

I wonder if they are waiting for the HBO and Showtime 3 months free
promotion to end then add EPIX HD to Dish and then
offer HBO and EPIX 3 months free?

Well, In my opinion...the paperless billing and auto payments were probley saving them a ton in costs. I say we all go back to paper bills, but then I suppose they will turn around and get another nickle and dime fee in. Would be nice if our goverment would regulate that crud for nickle and dime fees. All I know is that each year all my bills go up each year, and with this economy...my pay doesnt go up, so looks like will be another year of losing some services to keep bills managable. What has happened with E* HD additions anyways...thought when they launched new bird was going to create more room. I am guessing Epix will be overpriced for the content. I will stick with Netflix with Blue Ray.

Well, In my opinion...the paperless billing and auto payments were probley saving them a ton in costs. I say we all go back to paper bills, but then I suppose they will turn around and get another nickle and dime fee in. Would be nice if our goverment would regulate that crud for nickle and dime fees. All I know is that each year all my bills go up each year, and with this economy...my pay doesnt go up, so looks like will be another year of losing some services to keep bills managable. What has happened with E* HD additions anyways...thought when they launched new bird was going to create more room. I am guessing Epix will be overpriced for the content. I will stick with Netflix with Blue Ray.

You are right ten dollars a month for one premium channel is
too much when HBO, Showtime and Starz all have more then one channel
almost 5 or 6 compared to EPIX one channel.

hopefully they offer it cheap as a stand alone channel or maybe even cheaper if you already subscribe to all the premiums (America's Everything). Who knows, I just hope they add it.

Add it in top 250 and NO price increase. Wasn't it Epix that said that they didn't want to be or treated as a premium movie service?

I won't pay $10/month for one premium movie channel...not a chance. Up to $1.50/month, sure, but not more than that...

It's amazing how times and prices have changed.

In 1975 I was paying $10/month for the one and only available HBO channel and $10/month for the PRISM (Philadelphia Regional In-Home Sports & Movies) channel.

Besides movies, PRISM carried the Flyers, Phillies, and 76ers games, Big 5 basketball, and live World Wrestling Federation events held at The Spectrum.

Wow I forgot about PRISM
I wish we had some old channel Lists form the 70's 80's and some from the mid 90's when D*, Primestar and Dish Network were first starting out.

It's amazing how times and prices have changed.

In 1975 I was paying $10/month for the one and only available HBO channel and $10/month for the PRISM (Philadelphia Regional In-Home Sports & Movies) channel.

Besides movies, PRISM carried the Flyers, Phillies, and 76ers games, Big 5 basketball, and live World Wrestling Federation events held at The Spectrum.

Adjusted for inflation, that $20.00 per month in 1975 for 2 channels would amount to about $81.00 for two channels in 2009 dollars.
That is quite a bit of money for 2 channels :)

I wonder if this "no interest" transfers to not having any interest in adding additional HBO and Cinemax channels and HD feeds? That is the main reason I switched back to Dish Network, for HBO multiplex HD feeds, HBO Comedy and HBO Zone and the two extra Cinemax multiplex channels. /QUOTE]

And this is the reason I don't have any preimium channels after years of having Starz and HBO. Sick of my 50" Plasma, paying for HD Service and watching Movies in SD. I now buy and rent Blue Rays and forget the movie channels.

If all the feeds were HD I would definately still have Starz and HBO...

[/QUOTE]And this is the reason I don't have any preimium channels after years of having Starz and HBO. Sick of my 50" Plasma, paying for HD Service and watching Movies in SD. I now buy and rent Blue Rays and forget the movie channels.

If all the feeds were HD I would definately still have Starz and HBO...[/QUOTE]

All of the HBO feeds except for HBO 2 West are HD on Dish Network, and all of the Starz! Feeds are HD except for Starz! Cinema. Plus Dish Network has HBO Comedy and HBO Zone.

Advanced search engine of DishNetwork.com
if you type in Ep it will show Epix, Epix channel and EpixHD
then if you select one of the three it will show no match found.

Advanced search engine of DishNetwork.com
if you type in Ep it will show Epix, Epix channel and EpixHD
then if you select one of the three it will show no match found.

The same happens when trying other channels not available as of now on E* such as TV One (the US channel) and Lifetime Real Women.