EPIX to feature live boxing in March!

I hate to say this but a heavyweight championship fight is no longer the draw it once was. I suspect that HBO/Showtime/ESPN all took a pass on this and it wound up at EPIX.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. A Klitschko(sp?) fight will end up with a knockout, but if his past fights are any indication, it will be a boring fight otherwise. That's why the heavyweight division is almost ignored these days. Much better fights in the lighter divisions.

That said, I'm tickled to have another channel pick up some current fights. I really enjoy boxing and it is the prime reason I have HBO/SHO now.

Agreed. Boxing is not what it used to be. Still, sooner pay for platinum than hbo/showtime for better fights.

Most people who are qualified to be heavyweight boxers usually decide to play other sports like football because they make more money. These days, the best boxing matches happens at 140-154 lbs because both Klitschko brothers practically own the heavyweight division. Anyway, if Epix is going to be showing boxing events from now on, maybe it'll give me a reason to keep DISH Platinum after my 3 months free offer is over.

Great news for boxing fans! Hopefully it will not only be for the fights that HBO/Showtime/ESPN have no interest in carrying. Although the Klitschko brothers are the top heavyweight title holders in the "world of boxing" they haven't been televised live on the big networks in a very long time. Good news none the less....

Although the Klitschko brothers are the top heavyweight title holders in the "world of boxing" they haven't been televised live on the big networks in a very long time. Good news none the less....
I think the last Klitschko fight I saw was broadcast on ESPN2 on tape delay. The more live fights we can get the better! I know a lot of people will disagree, but to me UFC can't come close to a good heavyweight fight.

I think the last Klitschko fight I saw was broadcast on ESPN2 on tape delay. The more live fights we can get the better! I know a lot of people will disagree, but to me UFC can't come close to a good heavyweight fight.

I'm with you! UFC just has no finesse to it.

I look forward to more live boxing bouts to be televised, it always adds excitement to it, not knowing the outcome. But while I'll watch the Klitschko fight, I know it will be boring. It seems that is the way all their fights are.

I wonder what is going on at Epix? The fight is supposed to be this Saturday (3/19), but yet it isn't showing up in the schedule yet.

The fight is still scheduled for Sat. March 19th at 5PM Eastern on EPIX according to epixhd.com. Our Dish guide is displaying "To Be announced" in the 3PM time slot so I'm sure all is well.

HBO gave up on the heavyweight division after the Klitschko's decision to fight in Europe all the time. They did show some of the fights on Saturday afternoons, but didn't like the time slot. Plus the head of the sports department called them boring.

The fight is still scheduled for Sat. March 19th at 5PM Eastern on EPIX according to epixhd.com. Our Dish guide is displaying "To Be announced" in the 3PM time slot so I'm sure all is well.

My guide says Princess Kaiulani is on from 2:15to 4 followed by Lindsy CVonn at 4 and NO Way out at 5 PM.

My guide says Princess Kaiulani is on from 2:15to 4 followed by Lindsy CVonn at 4 and NO Way out at 5 PM.

My guide now says "Boxing" from 3 to 5PM Mountain (5 to 7PM Eastern). The info shows details on the fight. I correctly mentioned the 5PM Eastern fight but should have also mentioned my guide said 3 PM Mountain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)