EPIX to feature live boxing in March!

I don't remember them being called boring, but he certainly didn't get the respect that he should have imo.

he had one of the fastest and hardest jabs of any modern day heavy weight. I enjoyed watching him because his fights were great boxing and not brawls.

His style was often described as "journeyman like" He was good no question in hindsight but there was no flash. In fact it was considered quite an upset when he beat Ken Norton for the title.

I have to say though that Holmes took on all comers. by the end of his reign the quality of opponents did seem to drop but that was not his fault he kept fighting the top contenders such as they were.

But at the time he suffered from comparisons to Ali (who he beat though Ali was well past his prime) and even the ghost of Marciano.

According to ESPN, he tore the ACL and MCL in one knee and has cartilage damage in the other. I still have absolutely no idea how that happened.
Terrible to hear that is what he suffered, the replays clearly indicated something like that did happen, his left knee did bend backwards *shudders* and I thought it odd that he grabbed the "wrong" knee after he fell. I hope he recovers quickly.

But it is good news at least in the sense that it wasn't a fixed fight and the fans weren't being con'd.