Equipment suggestions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zombie069

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Montrose, CO 81401
Looking at my first FTA setup and thought I'd get some opinions.

Looking a the VS IV-200, some cheap 30-36" dish, SG2100 motor.
had a question about Icebergs T90 tho. What does a sat with 16 LNB's get that the motorized won't get, or vice versa. That seems like the shiznit setup right there and no motor to worry about..

The reasons I have the T90
-I had 7 dishes originally. With FTA and 2 subscription services (Dish & StarChoice) I wanted to combine dishes. This allowed me to do that
-Allows me to see a couple satellites on multiple receivers at the same time. So I can record something on SBS6 while watching PBS on AMC3

The drawbacks of the T90 (as noted in the review)
-until recently you couldn't get 2 degree spacing (say 91/93/95). Its been partially fixed with the stacked LNB's that are narrow but the signal still isnt the best on those.
-can be a pain in the butt to setup
-can't see the whole arc

Thanks for the reply, I haven't read your review on it yet but will head there now.
From the sounds of it I should just go with a motorized for now and maybe add the T90 later when the need arrises. I does look intimidating to setup.

I had a motorized setup for 2 years with no issues. Actually had 2 of them :)
Still have one motorized setup :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)