Equipment:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dencover

Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
Ensenada Mexico
Hi guys. New to this fourm so bear with me if I make mistakes. I currently live in Baja mexico. I've been experimenting with FTA for some time and have equipment for Dish network reception. I have the ability to suscribe to Direct TV, and I have an extra dish. So my question is. Will the equipment I was using for Dish, work for Direct TV. Or will the dish work and do I need a different LNB, and if so, what kind. I'm told that Sat 101 is the sat to use down here. Anyway, all help would be appreciated. I've already purchased a Direct TV reciever with DVR capabilities.

You most likely will need a different LNB for the dish to work with the DirecTV receivers.
Then you align the dish to the 101 satellite.

vue cube help

Does anyone use a vuecube? Which sat. company works best with this device,,,dish or direct?
Any help you can give,I'd appreciate. I travel alot, and vuecube has been easiest to set up.
Using Dish Network now,but thinking of switching to Direct. Not sure how it will pick up.
Got any advice

Hi guys. New to this fourm so bear with me if I make mistakes. I currently live in Baja mexico. I've been experimenting with FTA for some time and have equipment for Dish network reception. I have the ability to suscribe to Direct TV, and I have an extra dish. So my question is. Will the equipment I was using for Dish, work for Direct TV. Or will the dish work and do I need a different LNB, and if so, what kind. I'm told that Sat 101 is the sat to use down here. Anyway, all help would be appreciated. I've already purchased a Direct TV reciever with DVR capabilities.

Your much better off using the D* dish and LNB set up for D* and do away with trying to use the DISH stuff, it's not designed the same, the reflectors are different.

The D* slimline is what you want to look into.

Jimbo

u should not need the slim line unless u want hd all u should need is a 18" round with lnb I have a slimline and an 18" round both new forsale. PM if ur interested

If you're only getting programming from 101, the dish network LNB and dish will work. however, dish switches won't work, so if it's a multi-lnb dish or has a switch, you're out of luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)