Equity channels sold.....will leave satellite...now gone

Status
Please reply by conversation.
news article on Fox Montana...the date says 7/1 but other articles have mentioned 7/13. This solidifies the fact that Fox will be a subchannel on the ABC stations that are owned by Max Media

MAX MEDIA OF MONTANA TELEVISION STATIONS
IN MISSOULA, KALISPELL, BUTTE, BOZEMAN, AND GREAT FALLS
ADD THE FOX NETWORK TO PROGRAMMING LINE-UPS

New agreement with FOX will upgrade Local Signals to Digital

Missoula, Montana (June 1, 2009) – Max Media of Montana today announced that KTMF-TV/Missoula-Kalispell, KWYB-TV/Butte-Bozeman, and KFBB-TV/Great Falls will be adding Fox Broadcasting’s programming to their digital line-up.

The stations will become FOX affiliates (in addition to their current ABC affiliation) with a planned launch date of July 1, 2009. (edit...new date 7/13)

FOX will be located over the air on the following channels on digital television sets with ASTC tuners or set top boxes and be widely available to viewers in each viewing area on cable and satellite subscription services.

Missoula KTMF-DT channel 23.2
Kalispell KTMF-LD channel 42.2
Butte KWYB-DT channel 18.2
Bozeman KWYB-LD channel 28.2
Great Falls KFBB-DT channel 5.2

FOX is already available in Helena on Max Media’s KHBB-LD channel 21.2.

FOX Montana will be carrying FOX’s lineup of shows including “American Idol”, “House”, NFL/NFC football, NASCAR and Major League Baseball along with syndicated versions of network favorites like “The Simpsons” and “Family Guy” 5 days a week.

Max Media is investing over $1 million in equipment and adding staff for the FOX Montana launch. “We are very excited to be associated with FOX and this is a huge addition for our Montana television group,” said Linda Gray, Max Media of Montana’s president. “Our parent company’s relationship with FOX started with the network’s launch in October of 1986 and we have a great deal of respect for their executives and staff.”

Commenting on the agreement, FOX’s Executive Vice President of Network Distribution, Jon Hookstratten said, “After some ups and downs for Montana’s FOX viewers over the past several years, we’re pleased that this new relationship will provide stability and enhanced service to communities throughout Montana.”

http://www.abcmontana.com/news/local/46828167.html

and another

Not all of Montana's TV stations were able to afford the switch to digital television on Friday, and now many Montana viewers can't watch the Fox television network.

Those Montana's who have an antenna and wanted to catch the Simpson's on Sunday night saw nothing but snow and static as Fox is now available only on cable, at least for now.

"It will be off until the middle of July, back on July 13th" explained President of Max Media of Montana Linda Gray.

The delay came about because the former owners of Missoula's Fox station have gone bankrupt. The new buyer of Fox in our markets is Max Media of Montana, which also owns ABC, and they say when Fox is back on the air, Missoula views should notice a considerable improvement.

The station will be digital, and with the right equipment, eventually may even be able to offer high definition broadcasts.

"We're actually already doing ABC in high def, and it's just that some of the other programming isn't available in HD yet" explained Gray.

But for about the next month, Fox will only be available to cable viewers.
http://www.kpax.com/global/story.asp?s=10535517

Fox channels off today...:mad: KBTZ and others ...OOOhhhhno, the monday magic tricks... Can we not see more of?? :(

yep Fox is now just color bars

well it was kinda a given since Max Media took over today of the stations. Those 3 stations were only for cable subs until yesterday

left on G18 KU

Equity Broadcasting Uplink Information as of 3/28/2008...UPDATED AS OF 7/16/09

Galaxy 18 - TP 1 (Ku) 11720 V 27692
1 KKTU-CA (ABC)
2 KPBI (MY NETWORK)
3 KXUN (UNIVSION)
4 KEYU (UNIVSION) AC-3 Audio
5 KAMT (TELEFUTURA) AC-3 Audio
6 KFDF (THIS TV)

Galaxy 18 - TP 5 (Ku) Uplink .11800 V 26657
1 KUWF (UNIVSION)
2 KTVC (AMGTV)
3 KQUP (AMGTV)
4 WUMN (UNIVSION)
5 KKYK (THIS TV)
6 KQDK (AMGTV)
7 KWKO (UNIVSION)
8 WPXS(INDEPENDENT)
9 KCBU (AMGTV)
10 KWBM (MY NETWORK)
11 DAYSTAR

yep :(

But I originally thought 30-45 days and they'd all be gone. We're now at 90 days since they were sold and they are slowly leaving

Its almost like seeing a relative die slowly. Sometimes its just better to pull the plug right away

Just an update on a (former) Equity station...

WMQF (Fox) now WZMQ is going to be a My Network and ThisTV affiliate
Thank you for taking the time to see whats going on with WZMQ TV Digital 19.1 and 19.2 in Marquette, MI. We are happy to announce that coming this August we will be an affilate of This TV. They Provide a wealth of programming for all ages from the MGM library of tv shows and movies. We also are happy to announce that we will be affilates of MyNetworkTV as well. To learn more about This TV or MyNetworkTV, you may click on thier logos on the right.
WZMQ Marquette, Digital 19.1 and 19.2

They lost the Fox affiliate as the NBC station is adding it as a subchannel

NEGAUNEE TOWNSHIP -- Some exciting changes coming to Upper Michigan television.

WLUC-TV announced we have an agreement with the FOX TV network to broadcast all their programming on WLUC 6.2. That's the digital subcarrier we're broadcasting.

TV6 programming with NBC programming will not change.

The deal calls for the new station, called FOX UP, to also carry news. The FOX UP News at 10 will provide you with the day's news from Upper Michigan.

The new FOX TV network station should begin broadcasting August 1 with all of your favorite shows like American Idol, FOX NFL, NASCAR and the World Series.

Again, TV6 programming is not affected by this change.
WLUC carries FOX programming : News : WLUC TV6

Like I say, WMQF is no longer on G18 but just a "what happened to them now" post :)

using a post on 4/22

Buyer: Daystar Television Network
WNGS-TV Buffalo, NY; WNYI-TV Syracuse, NY; KQUP-TV Spokane, WA; KWBM-TV Springfield, MO; KCBU-TV & KUTF-TV Salt Lake City, UT; WBIF-TV Panama City, FL; WUDT-CA Detroit, MI; WNTU-LP Nashville, TN; WUJF-LP Jacksonville, FL; WBLU-LP Lexington, KY; WSLF-LP West Palm Beach, FL; WUHQ-LP Grand Rapids, MI; KQUP-LP Spokane, WA; KUBX-LP & K45GX-LP Salt Lake City, UT

the Bold ones are still on G18 as of now...WNGS & WNYI left on 6/12 due to the digital conversion

We will lose all Equity channels, its just a matter of time. I'll be repointing the 1 meter Channel Master to 125w when I can get some time (maybe after the STS-127 mission)...

Last edited:
We will lose all Equity channels, its just a matter of time. I'll be repointing the 1 meter Channel Master to 125w when I can get some time (maybe after the STS-127 mission)...

I agree tron. I posted that when the Fox stations left

But I originally thought 30-45 days and they'd all be gone. We're now at 90 days since they were sold and they are slowly leaving

Its almost like seeing a relative die slowly. Sometimes its just better to pull the plug right away

my Primestar has been moved to 105W now

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)