Equity channels sold.....will leave satellite...now gone

Status
Please reply by conversation.
hmm... Well, ok..

Sorry for the sarcastic comments earlier. I have this thing about corporations and greedy people. :mad:

I jumped to conclusions. :eek:

Well, the wife is going to be very unhappy since she won't be able to watch "Betty, La fea" tonight since they shut down WTLE-LP (Galaxy 3) during the night. So far, I haven't been able to find a VC or DC package containing Telefutura for the 4DTV. I know, it's just a TV show.

First time poster. I have been lurking since Equity first started showing signs of trouble in April of last year. I worked there up until recently. I left when it became clear that the company had no intention to right itself and was going under for certain.

Up until last month I still knew people who worked there so I continued to get the inside scoop. As of right now, they have let everyone go except for the bare minimum they need to operate. Point of demonstration: last year there were so many employees that the parking lot was always packed all the way around the building. They changed the scheduling of more than 30 people because of it when, one morning, "good ol' Gary Lee" couldn't find a spot out front to park his car and had a cow. When I rode by the other day, there were less than ten vehicles scattered throughout the parking lot.

According to Wikipedia, Equity Media Holdings Corporation will be ceasing operations and closing doors on August 15th. (Last line of financial trouble section).

This information, last I knew, was correct.

Apparently that Wikipedia article has being updated and now the August 15 dateline has been removed. Does anyone knows if they will continue broadcasting after that date?

They have been having a lot of issues with employees/former employees updating the Wiki page with inside info. Whenever inside stuff pops up, they pull it right down. That information was removed because they thought it might make it hard to collect advertizing revenue. The August 15th date has been common knowledge in the building since around April. Unless a lot has changed since July, this weekend will be the end of the road.

I assume they still will

I've worked with a couple companies that filed bankruptcy before and it was always "business as usual" :)

They won't. They don't own the building they operate within. It is currently for sale/lease. The August 15th date was reached in order to comply with their agreement to vacate.

I have this thing about corporations and greedy people. :mad:

Then I could turn your stomach with tales of the goings on within that organization. My skin still crawls to this day at the thought of them.

Last edited:
Oh gosh am watching univision right now, i also just checked telefutura and it's still showing, i hope that when i wake up later this morning they will still be there.

Gone !

KFDK Gone !
KKYK Gone !
KPBI Gone !
KWBM Gone !

Gone ! Gone ! Gone !

Leaves KDEV, KKTU, Daystar, ABC , Research channel, University of Washington, Veterans channel.

-

yep. Pretty much everything is gone.
Few stations left

Galaxy 18 - TP 1 (Ku) 11720 V 27692
2 KDEV-CA (ABC)
6 KEYU (UNIVSION) AC-3 Audio
7 KAMT (TELEFUTURA) AC-3 Audio

Galaxy 18 - TP 5 (Ku) Uplink .11800 V 26657
1 KUWF (UNIVSION)
4 WUMN (UNIVSION)
6 KQDK (AMGTV)
7 KWKO (UNIVSION)
11 DAYSTAR

I got kuwf univision and wumn isn't unvision is some type of christian programming, are they planning on keeping all this channels or is it unknown yet?

yep. Pretty much everything is gone.
Few stations left

Galaxy 18 - TP 1 (Ku) 11720 V 27692
2 KDEV-CA (ABC)
6 KEYU (UNIVSION) AC-3 Audio
7 KAMT (TELEFUTURA) AC-3 Audio

Galaxy 18 - TP 5 (Ku) Uplink .11800 V 26657
1 KUWF (UNIVSION)
4 WUMN (UNIVSION)
6 KQDK (AMGTV)
7 KWKO (UNIVSION)
11 DAYSTAR

I got kuwf univision and wumn isn't unvision is some type of christian programming, are they planning on keeping all this channels or is it unknown yet?

they'll probably keep them but not at the same spot. They'll consolidate them and probably move them

Oh i see, so is temporarily ones the broadcast is finish it will go back to unvision regular programming.

WUMN is still Univision. Its a church broadcast from Minneapolis (WUMN is in Minneapolis)

yes

WUMN is unique to Univision as it has lots of local (Mpls) advertising and a few church services from here. Also alot of the cable companies in Minnesota (at least within 50 miles of Minneapolis) carry WUMN instead of the national Univision channel.

amazing considering its a low powered station OTA...a whopping 1000 watts

That's good to hear, i really do hope for the sake of my mother because she watches both univision and telefutura, there her favorite channels, plus she drop a direct tv sub for this bird.

they'll probably keep them but not at the same spot. They'll consolidate them and probably move them

The only remaining stations are passthrough feeds meaning that they can be fed strainght from source to transmitter with no prior capture. The stations that disappeared were all run by automation which requires capture, segmenting, and loading. This is a death rattle.

It's dead as far as I'm concerned. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Utterly useless to me.

Well. Time to find something else.

I had really liked this tv. The rest of them, not so much.
AMG was borderline with an occasional oldie movie.

I'm soooooo :censored: off..

I really need a single dish with a motor so I don't have to go through the misery of moving one by hand again. How often do these people do this?
Is this a common practice? Put something decent out for people then snatch it away in the middle of the night like thieves?

Oh I just can't say what I'm thinking today...... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

We are gathered here today, to mourn the passing of the channels from Equity of Galaxy 18. They were tragically taken from us on August 15, 2009. For several months, they slowly faded away, until today, when Equity pulled the plug. Gone are the days of THIS TV, and St. Louis Cardinals games on KKYK. Everyone, please bow your heads in a moment of silence, in honor of the passing of the Equity Stations.

Didn't I choose a wonderful time to decide to get into FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)