Equity channels sold.....will leave satellite...now gone

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Direct TV in Little Rock still has KKYK. It is no longer a ThisTV affiliate. With KKYK missing the deadline for the DTV transition, this station is not available OTA. The bug says Tuff TV and bears an uncanny resemblance to the RTV logo. Checked out their website and it appears to be another Luken/Ardman subchannel network.

I could not find anything on the sale of KKYK to Luken or NIA. There is no record of a transfer for it's license. All of the contact information for Tuff TV links to Chattanooga, home of Luken Communications, with Ardman as the distributor. There is no list of affiliates.

The Tuff TV website has a programming schedule http://www.tufftv.com/Schedule.html . This is in the same format as the schedule RTV supplies for each of their affiliates. I am assuming that KKYK is the only current affiliate. Is there anyone who has seen this and can confirm that KKYK is no longer being uplinked from Equity in Little Rock on G18 and is now carried by Luken in Chattanooga on AMC9?

Last edited:
Direct TV in Little Rock still has KKYK. It is no longer a ThisTV affiliate. With KKYK missing the deadline for the DTV transition, this station is not available OTA. The bug says Tuff TV and bears an uncanny resemblance to the RTV logo. Checked out their website and it appears to be another Luken/Ardman subchannel network.
TuffTV is a Luken owned network. Started a couple months ago If I recall

I could not find anything on the sale of KKYK to Luken or NIA. There is no record of a transfer for it's license. All of the contact information for Tuff TV links to Chattanooga, home of Luken Communications, with Ardman as the distributor. There is no list of affiliates.
KKYK is owned by Bank of Little Rock
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1794981-post41.html

The Tuff TV website has a programming schedule http://www.tufftv.com/Schedule.html . This is in the same format as the schedule RTV supplies for each of their affiliates. I am assuming that KKYK is the only current affiliate. Is there anyone who has seen this and can confirm that KKYK is no longer being uplinked from Equity in Little Rock on G18 and is now carried by Luken in Chattanooga on AMC9?
Tuff TV is not on AMC9. Only the national feed of RTV is. The "local" stations that have a customized RTV schedule are on C-Band. TuffTV is in that C-Band DVB-S2 mux too.

TuffTV is a subchannel on some full power stations.

well its NOW official ;)

WUMN is now a slate screen. Checked OTA here in Minneapolis and its still up so OTA at least got the new feed. Cant tell if its national or local feed

also 11720 transponder is shut off...0 signal quality :(

WUMN at top of hour did have a slate (ironically its the same slate that G18 is showing) ID so the OTA folks are getting a feed somewhere :)

am having a hard time deciding on where to move my dish too, I've being thinking either 116.8w or 125w but the thing is i don't currently own a dolby digital ac3 decoder.

I have both but i haven't yet setup the c-band dish.

If you want Univision, you're gonna have to set it up. Just confirmed 3 local affiliates on C-Band (since I've been burned a few times before on that) ;)
KLUZ at 91W
KKFQ & KUNP at 95W

I now the rules Iceberg but since equity was discussed abroad i didn't tought that would be penalized since i can't report my findings where it needs to be done but it's ok ;).

M.

Thanks man i appreciated, i wish there were some sort of alternative for my mom besides direct tv, i know theres a channel she like to watch on satmex 116.8 but the foot print somehow does not allow for the channel to be receive here in north america, the channel is 12088 H
tp 19
XEWT 12

If you want Univision, you're gonna have to set it up. Just confirmed 3 local affiliates on C-Band (since I've been burned a few times before on that) ;)
KLUZ at 91W
KKFQ & KUNP at 95W

depending on location Satmex5 can be a pain to get. I know here in MN I need to use the 6 footer to get even a decent result (and that isnt the best either) on some signals.

I dont remember locking that with the 6 footer either

Watusi: At 12080 and 12084 you have a better shot (SR 1562), at 12088 sometimes they have the feed up, but it's a little tricky to get that channel even here (i am a mere 1.5 hrs from Tijuana), but once it comes in it does so with a 90% Q, the thing is this tp takes up to 10seconds to give signal.

M.

I was able to pick it up here no problem in southern ontario with 36 inch dish.
here is a channel list of what i was able to get, keep on mind the dish was never mounted, i set the mast/foot on the ground with brick sitting on top of it. I tweaked as much i could but having the mast to properly secure made matter worse for tweaking. I am tempted to try it out with my 39" inch dish. I could post some pictures if you allow me on this thread, to better show what i mean about the foot sitting on the ground.

depending on location Satmex5 can be a pain to get. I know here in MN I need to use the 6 footer to get even a decent result (and that isnt the best either) on some signals.

I dont remember locking that with the 6 footer either

Attachments

• satmex5.116.8.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 140
what you posted is pretty much what I can get too

where you are located is a little farther nouth than me and it looks like the footprint is better. It dramatically cuts off at the Iowa/Minnesota border here

Thanks for posting those links am quickly going tru them, if i get chance after reinstalling a new os on my lap top a'l go out and give a try with my 39 inch dish hopefully i have better luck this time. god knows it would make my mother so happy if am able to get it because chances are that she could probably get it too.

what you posted is pretty much what I can get too

where you are located is a little farther nouth than me and it looks like the footprint is better. It dramatically cuts off at the Iowa/Minnesota border here

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)