Equity's KMMF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

WTguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Some of you may know but I had never seen or heard why Equity had dropped KMMF (Fox in Missoula, MT) off of its FTA mux. I saw this in a news release about a station group.

"In August 2003, Max Media entered a Shared Services Agreement with Missoula’s Fox affiliate, KMMF, and is managing the sales, traffic, master control and other functions for the station."

http://www.maxmontana.com/

Gary Z said:
I'm wondering how long the channels on G10R have been there FTA?
Theyve been up at least 2 1/2 years (thats when I got FTA and they were there)

Is it possible they could be scrambled?
anythings possible but we don't like to ask about the "s" word :D

Equity started out on a Canadian sat. at 118.7 (at least when I started doing fta in 2002). Then they began moving over to G10 in the spring of 2003 when the Canadian company was setting up a replacement sat.

I got into FTA in November of 03. I started out using a satellite/channel chart from Skyvision. KMMF was listed, but I don't remember where it was located, but I am sure it wasn't G10. I tried off and on for months to bring it in, with no luck. After I joined this site is when I was informed that is was no more.:( I did not know it was an Equity station. As a matter of fact, at that time I didn't know an Equity station from a hole in the ground.:eek:

Last edited:
same here Jim. Saw them channels on G10 and thought "why in the hell would I want more Pax stations, WB and UPN?"

oh how times have changed :D

no.

There use to be. Until PAX switched to "i" Equity had 4 or 5 of them

These were Pax stations
KYPX (now RTN)
WBMM (now Daystar)
KWBS (doesnt exist anymore..they returned those to FCC and got KWFT for WB)
WBIF (on C-Band now...is UPN)
WPXS (now RTN)

but when Pax switched, Equity was able to get out of their agreement due to Pax saying they'd show more programs instead of just paid programs

There are no Pax stations on g10 now

KMMF was on G10 briefly after migrating from the Anik sat.

Don't know if you guys ever check satdx.com but they still have not deleted the entries for anik e1 at 118.7. (Although they rarely delete entries they were the first place I noticed WVGN as fta and by a long shot.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)