Ergan On C-SPAN @ 9 pm EDT Tonight

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Its an interesting show (which you can watch at the link above) Charlie is an interesting guy. Many of the stories I heard him tell on this C-SPAN special I have heard from him many times over the years.

He is a true pioneer. Worth the watch!

It WAS interesting. Especially his discussion on his gambling experiences. His risk taking, bluffing and raising the ante tactics in poker and Black Jack explains alot about his approach to lawsuits and dealing with competitors and precieved "enemies".

Absolutely worth the watch! The man, and his company take a lot of heat from a lot of people. But you cannot fault what he's done. I wish there were a few more like him out there - we'd all be better off.

Indeed it was. Among many interesting comments, Charlie said, "We choose to go play in the mud" rather than living in a safe bubble created by lawyers. And here I thought he employed a small army of lawyers. :eek:

Indeed it was. Among many interesting comments, Charlie said, "We choose to go play in the mud" rather than living in a safe bubble created by lawyers. And here I thought he employed a small army of lawyers. :eek:
Charlie probably has a battalion on lawyers with all the lawsuits he has :D :)

I'm sure he does. I just wonder how good they are, in light of the TiVO settlement. But- what do I know? Might have been the best option.

well worth the hour. Very interesting discussion. I'm hoping he can pull off the wireless stuff at a reasonable price point.

Ergan does hire among the top/best firms in the country when he litigates or has a suit against the company. Charlie NEVER cheapskates on his lawyers. The bad position regarding the TiVo suit boiled down to the jury believing that the TiVo unit left by TiVo for Dish to consider a partnership and subsequently "lost" by Dish, but TiVo NEVER asking for it back, must have, according to published interviews with jurors, meant that Dish opened up the TiVo, stole its secrets and produced the first in house DishPlayer 501 DVR, as the MicroSoft/Dish DishPlayer 7100 was "a disaster," as one juror said. Not a word about code from any jurors regarding the logic they used to reach the decision. MORONS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts