Error 1316 Reset MoCA connection

jscud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 25, 2005
Central NH
This problem started after the recent software upgrade. Never saw this prior to that. I have 1 HWS and 1 Joey.

Several minutes into watching a DVR program on the Joey, the following message pops up:

Attention 1316
"Another TV has reset the MoCA connection. This will interrupt your live video until the connection test is complete."

The only way to remove the message is by pressing the up arrow on the remote. Doing that I get another message that tells me to unplug and reset the Joey. If I don't reset the Joey as the message says, in a few seconds the Joey goes to 'live video' (not the DVR program I was watching).

I can then go back to resume the DVR program and everything is okay.

Does this sound like a software problem?

Had the same issue today, the Moca Joey displayed that error, the Hopper and Ethernet Joey frozen on tuner screen. Rebooting Hopper fixed the issue.

What do you see on the Hopper when this happens? D you have bridging enabled? Try disabling that and see if the issue continues.

Hmm. You might be on to something. During both times that this MoCA reset occurred I had a computer on the same network downloading a torrent file. In the past I had issues with my network printer being reset while running Frostwire torrent client. I will try disabling bridging and see if the problem goes away.

Thanks,

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)