Error message on HR34

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gbertler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 26, 2003
I'm getting a message on my HR34 just about every time I reboot it via the menu under reset. It looks to me like a hard drive issue. Any ideas? It's stating "Scanning disk... 64 errors found" it the same amount of errors each time.

image-3884655485.jpg

Yes it does. It reaches 100% and then boots up normally after that. But the next time it reboots again, it goes through the same process. Never seems to really fix itself. This all started after the Genie feature was added to this box. I did call in and they are sending me a new box.

Call and tell tech support, that is a bad hard drive, especially with that many errors.

Timing is probably coincidental, as the problem is physical with the hard drive, not software related.

Call and tell tech support, that is a bad hard drive, especially with that many errors.

Timing is probably coincidental, as the problem is physical with the hard drive, not software related.

Timing also critical as with it being a HDD going out you could end up with no tv until its replaced if it craps out completely

Got them to send me a new box. Yeah, I would really hate for it being I have no other receivers with actual tuners in it. If that one goes, I'm sol.

Got them to send me a new box. Yeah, I would really hate for it being I have no other receivers with actual tuners in it. If that one goes, I'm sol.

One of the many reasons why I enjoy having the H25's in the bedrooms. The sharing of tuners was one of the reasons why I ditched my idea of the hopper.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

One of the many reasons why I enjoy having the H25's in the bedrooms. The sharing of tuners was one of the reasons why I ditched my idea of the hopper.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"
You still have to have Coax ran there regardless, why not just have a HR24 in the bed room, this way your not wasting a tuner ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)