Error Message: Remote Access:"Current Box Is Not Initiallised"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
Is anyone else experiencing this of have you seen this and know how to fix it?

When I am in Remote Access and attempt to watch either a live show or a DVR show I get the pop up error that says, " Current Box is not Initialized" and the show will not play.

Yes I have a sling box and the Sling player ActiveX control version is 1.4.0.85

I get this same error using IE as well as FireFox.

Another interesting thing is that the button that represent the controls under the view window don't show up.

When I long into Sling.com and go to WATCH...I do not have this issue.

Thoughts?

Because that box is not a dish box. Only the 922 will work like that. Since you have a stand alone sling box that's why it works at sling.com and not at the remote access website.

Because that box is not a dish box. Only the 922 will work like that. Since you have a stand alone sling box that's why it works at sling.com and not at the remote access website.

If that were the case WHY would it me me registrar my Singbox there AND why did it work there before?

It does work with DRA.

Try activating it again. Go into your receivers system setup and do the web activation again. I believe it is under broadband setup.

Or it could just be a glitch in DRA at the moment. I'll try later today if I remember and I'll post the results.

Screen shot or error

I've attached a screen shot of the error msg...

If no one here has seen it...that is a bit worrisome...

That said...what is the best course of action to get this addresses?

Attachments

• Error msg Screen Shot.JPG
    Error msg Screen Shot.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 175
Update-

Dish has now fixed this and I can now access live tv as well as DVR'ed programs....

So I imagine the 922 customer who couldn't connect either are now seeing a diff as the Dish contact I spoke with said it was a related issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts