Errors on both tuners HR23/700 Sat 99 and 103

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ramseyjack

Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Tulare, CA
Old C band Sat installer who can follow directions: (GRIN)
No locals subscribed: Receiving HD on channels I normally watch. Not sure what is missing. Cannot find any reference to what is on the 99 and 103.
Mountain vacation home, installing spare extra HR23/700, just 50 miles from original install location. New Slimline 5 dish single output SWM. SL5 output directly connected to power inserter, and output from inserter directly connected to tuner 1 on receiver. Less than 70ft RG6 cable.
Have Zinwell MSPLIT8R-03 and 2 B-Band (SUP-2400) NOT installed.
Aimed the dish using receiver and the 2 turn system, rough peak, then back off to 72 signal strength both directions, count turns divide by 2. Got higher 101 when finished. Dead level mast, checked with supplied bubble and real straight level (3 axis)
Satellite setup: 18:Slimline-5s (SWM), 01:SWM, and Dual on setup; Warning on bottom of screen “Do not install B-Band converters” Does not want to allow me to change, figure I can disconnect cable and will allow.
On “verifying configuration" get “Errors on both tuners HR23/700 Sat 99 and 103” (red X’s) (last evening, just rebooted today). Yes I am rechecking everything over and over and over.
Calif mountains cloudy slight drizzle, may be snow at higher elevations:
Signal strength readings:
101 84
110 82
119 82
99c 58
99s -
103s -
103ca 65
103cb 49
SWM 95
I figure I should go back and peak the 99 and 103, but cannot find ANY reference to this anywhere, so while system still working, thought I would ask a for expert opinions. No sense in re-inventing a wheel I know little about.

You need to try again on the alignment. Your 99 and 103 readings are a bit iffy. Possibly a small tweak in elevation is needed. Get 101 as high as possible and then go to 99 and 103.

BBCs are not required for the HR23 DVR.

BBC's are not required for any SWM installation. Check tilt for your area and adjust accordingly. repeak via same method.

your signal strengths are terrible. 101 should be no less than 95. use the satellite setup to determine what your presets need to be, then redither the dish using the 2 turns method. I have to ask, is there any trees or obstacles in the satellite line of site? 99s and 103s are not used since the launch of our new d12 satellite, so those numbers will always be 0.

Thanks

Will re-align. It was raining at my location and snowing at the higher elevations (east and south), so will re-align using the dither method later next week.

Many thanks.

Jack

A correctly aligned dish will have most transponders on 101 (except the spotbeams) in the very high 90s or even 100. I have six TPs at 100. 99c/103ca/103cb should all be at least in the high 80s, preferably mid 90s. Your signal pattern just indicates a misalignment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts