Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Notice no signal on 3785 H 4849 G4 (g16 99W). Didn't re-scan yet maybe they are fixing something so it will work on the AzBoxes? :)

It's said that a power supply blew out, and they are working on replacing it, but it should be completed today. Also, that they just signed a new contract with a company that one requirement is to encrypt their signal.

That's so sad! It's uploaded from Michigan, and they're very nice people! I enjoyed hearing Southeast Michigan advertising on that channel! Always thought getting it on our cable system that serves the local State Prison system would be ironic....(given the name)..but would be an interesting channel for inmates, wouldn't it?

Guess they won't be selling azbox's then.

To bad a nice channel to watch I have been to a number of places they show them it would bring back memories of my visits there.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yes that would be dissapointing to see that channel gone/scrambled. I really liked to have that channel on when I am sitting here in my office doing paperwork wishing I was outside... but it wasn't distracting with the easy flowing music.
-C.

That's so sad! It's uploaded from Michigan, and they're very nice people! I enjoyed hearing Southeast Michigan advertising on that channel! Always thought getting it on our cable system that serves the local State Prison system would be ironic....(given the name)..but would be an interesting channel for inmates, wouldn't it?

Well, if you know them even slightly personally, perhaps you could attempt to get more information? Call them up, ask how things are going, and work in an "Oh.... by the way, I heard a rumor......" Hopefully they won't encrypt anytime soon, but it wouldn't take much for them to flip a switch. I just don't see people paying money for this channel, but it makes a good sub-channel.

I've always been scared to contact channels with regard to encryption.....I don't mind complimenting a channel when they're in the clear.....even if we're not the intended audience. I simply told them I admired them for being a media startup in this day and age, and as a media owner, I thought they were to be commended for doing it here in our state! But, I'd be happy to contact them with a "light" conversation again.

It's back.
Not scrambled... so far.
Enjoyed the tour through Vegas an hour or so ago.
-C.

To the best of my knowledge, this channel will be encrypted soon. No need to suggest that it is due to any site, loose lips or ???? Purely a business decision and requirement as I am told.

Enjoy the beautiful HD scenic while we can...

Yes, I find it ironic that Escape is listed as an AZBox US reseller. LOL!!! Guess they haven't tried watching their channel on the STB.

As read in Porky Pigs review, "LLLL.... LOOOOKKKS real GOOO... GGGGOOOO... GGGGGOOOOOD...." ;)

To the best of my knowledge, this channel will be encrypted soon. No need to suggest that it is due to any site, loose lips or ???? Purely a business decision and requirement as I am told.

Enjoy the beautiful HD scenic while we can...

Yes, I find it ironic that Escape is listed as an AZBox US reseller. LOL!!! Guess they haven't tried watching their channel on the STB.

As read in Porky Pigs review, "LLLL.... LOOOOKKKS real GOOO... GGGGOOOO... GGGGGOOOOOD...." ;)

Just to confirm, eScapes Network is in fact an authorised AzBox US dealer. They actually contacted us on the AzBox Canada website to inquire about signing up as a dealer for the U.S. market. We sent them an AzBox US dealer application form which they completed and their application was subsequently approved.

The issue with the eScapes video stuttering on AzBox is well known to us and is caused by an issue with the Sigma multimedia drivers specific to their type of signal. When eScapes first launched, there was actually no issues with any AzBox in receiving eScapes. However, a few weeks after launch, something was changed on their encoder which makes the video stutter on all AzBox HD receivers. Hopefully we will have the chance to work with their engineer in resolving the video playback issue on AzBox receivers before they encrypt. :eek:

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Last edited:
So... Does this mean AZboxes will be used by their authorized customers, using some inboard capability to decrypt?
I recall Brian of SatelliteAV mentioning a similar capability coming to their receivers, so it sounds possible.

Otherwise, selling any FTA receiver sounds a bit disingenuous for a company encrypting. ;)

Good for Azbox.. I knew they were good for other things besides 422 :eek:

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)