ESPN 3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

terry1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Does DTV carry ESPN 3?
If so, can someone tell me what channel it is.
Thanks in advance.

Just tried to login because I have Charter as my internet provider but it says that I have to have them as my TV provider.

Weird, I have Cox, but only for internet and phone, and I can watch ESPN3.

ESPN3 is based on your ISP, WatchESPN is based on your video provider. Some have deals, some do not. I have ATT DSL and can use ESPN3, but since Directv does not have a WatchESPN deal, I cannot get that programming.

Some Apps require WatchESPN access to even watch the ESPN3 material. Some don't. Roku app requires WatchESPN access, but XBox and PC only require ESPN3 access. (It can be very confusing.)

I have Charter and can access ESPN 3 on my computer, the video is not very good at all. I loaded the app on my Ipad hoping it would be better quality but could not use my Charter account to view the programing on my Ipad app, I needed to have Charter TV to log in with the app. Question, is ESPN 3 better with an app on something like ROKU or Ipad than the internet streaming on the computer.

I use ESPN3 on my second tv during football if its a game not on the regular channels. Its a 40" LCD with the Roku stick and PQ looks fine to me.

WatchESPN app requires the TV permissions to be able to use with Charter. The only way to use ESPN3 via charter otherwise is via a computer. Then you could hook the computer up to the TV and then the game would be on your TV.
I have Charter and can access ESPN 3 on my computer, the video is not very good at all. I loaded the app on my Ipad hoping it would be better quality but could not use my Charter account to view the programing on my Ipad app, I needed to have Charter TV to log in with the app. Question, is ESPN 3 better with an app on something like ROKU or Ipad than the internet streaming on the computer.

That is because you have Charter. WIth TWC, Comcast, and AT&T, you honestly can't barely tell the difference between ESPN online vs the TV ESPN quality. Looks great on my phone and friends ipad.

I have Charter and can't tell the difference. I suspect either his area has not changed the speed lately or something is slowing down the speed of his internet.
That is because you have Charter. WIth TWC, Comcast, and AT&T, you honestly can't barely tell the difference between ESPN online vs the TV ESPN quality. Looks great on my phone and friends ipad.

I have the Local internet, none of the Big boys, and I get espn3 as well, of course they have an agreement with them, I use it once in awhile.
As previously mention, dont have access to Watchespn, as I'm with D* for TV.

As far as I know there is only one tier available to me, up to 30Mbps, over the internet ESPN3 the video is very "choppy" and the audio is not in sync. I get very good picture quality when watching Netlix.

DISH just "officially" announced the addition of the SEC Network, ESPN3, WatchESPN app, the Longhorn Network, Disney Jr, Fusion, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater, and the entire suite of Disney owned linear channels, on-demand channels, and streaming channels on any device from anywhere.

DISH just "officially" announced the addition of the SEC Network, ESPN3, WatchESPN app, the Longhorn Network, Disney Jr, Fusion, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater, and the entire suite of Disney owned linear channels, on-demand channels, and streaming channels on any device from anywhere.

Ok Directv you're officially on the clock

I think a poster mentioned Direct contract was expiring in August, while we all know when it comes to Dish it can be challenging, but I think with the video on demand and all app stuff, it's something that can take a while. Dish may have set a template for future deals with Disney

I think a poster mentioned Direct contract was expiring in August, while we all know when it comes to Dish it can be challenging, but I think with the video on demand and all app stuff, it's something that can take a while. Dish may have set a template for future deals with Disney

I thought I had read that as well. Cutting it mighty close for my tastes. I want D* to offer watch ESPN access, but for now I am good with that, I do have a friends log in info.
What I will not go without this coming football season, especially now that I have the option, is the SEC Network. I would far prefer to stay with D*, and will play the wait and see game, but I would swap in a heartbeat if I had to.

I thought I had read that as well. Cutting it mighty close for my tastes. I want D* to offer watch ESPN access, but for now I am good with that, I do have a friends log in info. What I will not go without this coming football season, especially now that I have the option, is the SEC Network. I would far prefer to stay with D*, and will play the wait and see game, but I would swap in a heartbeat if I had to.
On Finebaum last week a caller that has Directv called and asked Paul about the SEC network. Finebaum had just been in meetings with ESPN bigwigs. He couldn't talk specifics but said ESPN feels very good about the situation. He said the channel is still 6 months away and talks are ongoing.

I think what got everyone going was a canned email response about any new channel when a customer had emailed asking about the SEC network. I've done my part and called Directv asking about the network and my contract. I would hate to leave Directv and still don't know if I will just for this channel. I don't trust Charlie and how he does business. I left about 2 months before the Disney fiasco and they are just now returning!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts