New Receiver Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BoiseStateFan4Life

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 23, 2013
United States
I have two H20s (1 100 and 1 600) and I just realized that I am eligible for an upgrade. Now to my understanding is that if you decide to upgrade, you have to have a new 2 year commitment with Directv. Is that correct? If so, is there a way in which I can upgrade without having to agree to a 2 year contract? With prices going up, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep Directv for a long time anymore.

Thanks.

What are looking to get in exchange? They would likely replace the H20-600 with no commitment if you tell them it's running really hot. Those models have had power supply issues since they were introduced. If you want a dvr, whether sd, hd, or a Genie, it's an upgrade and you will incur a new commitment.

What are looking to get in exchange? They would likely replace the H20-600 with no commitment if you tell them it's running really hot. Those models have had power supply issues since they were introduced. If you want a dvr, whether sd, hd, or a Genie, it's an upgrade and you will incur a new commitment.

Actually, 1 of those models had issues, 1 didnt, iirc, the 600 had issues.

I would call and talk to someone and let them know you have really old equipment at the moment, see what they can do for you.
Let them know your no wanting to get into a new commitment, but was inquiring about the boxes running hot and want to know what they can do about it.

Generally, if You call in and want to upgrade, its pretty much automatic commitment .... if THEY decide you need new boxes, maybe not.

Don't be afraid to call more thsn once if they say No way the first time.

Actually, 1 of those models had issues, 1 didnt, iirc, the 600 had issues.

I would call and talk to someone and let them know you have really old equipment at the moment, see what they can do for you.
Let them know your no wanting to get into a new commitment, but was inquiring about the boxes running hot and want to know what they can do about it.

Generally, if You call in and want to upgrade, its pretty much automatic commitment .... if THEY decide you need new boxes, maybe not.

Don't be afraid to call more thsn once if they say No way the first time.
Alright, thanks for the advice guys!

Good thread OP

I don't mind paying for a new upgraded receiver and agreeing to a 2-year commitment, but does the bill just keep climbing every 8 months or whatever? I guess this is probably the catch to their reasonable prices compared to cable? I am getting the basic Entertainment only as we don't watch a TON of tv. I have a HR34 and don't need the upgrade now but just curious. I am paying 55 which is great but it is with discounts. I hope once my savings end and my 2-year is up it doesn't climb higher than $75. BTW we got one HR34 and Genie.

Discounts are usually good for a year, so there shouldn't be any increases to your rate except for the yearly increase to everyone's rate, which happens in February generally.

Good thread OP

I don't mind paying for a new upgraded receiver and agreeing to a 2-year commitment, but does the bill just keep climbing every 8 months or whatever? I guess this is probably the catch to their reasonable prices compared to cable? I am getting the basic Entertainment only as we don't watch a TON of tv. I have a HR34 and don't need the upgrade now but just curious. I am paying 55 which is great but it is with discounts. I hope once my savings end and my 2-year is up it doesn't climb higher than $75. BTW we got one HR34 and Genie.

Rates go up once a year, not every 8 months, that said, if you started in say June, it would appear that way.

You should be able to look at your account and know what your bill will be after the 2 years is up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)