ESPN classic now green in my guide ?

ROLLTIDE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Mobile,AL
Did ESPN classic move to a new package cause it's been green in my guide since 1am this morning ?

Oh well, just another channel that I found myself occasionally watching that will be blocked now. Hope this change doesn't cause E* another lawsuit.

D* moved ESPN Classic months ago as well. I am surprised E* took this long to do so. I wonder if this had something to do with that previous lawsuit with ESPN. I have not watched ESPN Classic in quite some time. If I would watch something, it would be Arli$$. However, that was back when we had the superbasic package with cable. I do not watch it much at all when we had D* either. It may be a little disappointing for some sports fans. I hope that this makes room for some more channels since ESPN Classic was in the AT200 pack.

I am not a big sports fan, but the Multisports pack does not seem at a bad price for $5.99/month as long as you have a package that you can add it to. At the same time, it is not the best time for this especially with the economy. Something tells me this is more of an ESPN decision since D* did the same thing months ago. I am also guessing like previously mentioned that this had something to do with the lawsuit E* had against ESPN around August. Those are just my opinions; I do not know the facts about the lawsuit.

Not to complain since I found myself rarely watching ESPN Classic but shouldn't Dish inform their customers before doing something like moving channels to another package?

I suppose now I can drop down to the Top 120 plus and then add the Sports Pak; that will save me money every month and Dish will lose out on about $10/mo from me. Yeah I know small peanuts but they're move will allow me to save some money.

I suppose now I can drop down to the Top 120 plus and then add the Sports Pak; that will save me money every month and Dish will lose out on about $10/mo from me. Yeah I know small peanuts but they're move will allow me to save some money.

I am glad to see that someone is going to get a deal from this change. :)

Other than an old Tyson fight last week, I have rarely watched anything on ESPN Classic. I won't miss the channel, but I certainly don't appreciate it being moved to another package without any notification. I logged onto the Dish Network website and the Add/Change programming section still shows ESPN Classic under Top 200 and not under the Multi Sport package. How are customers supposed to know what is going on?

Damn, I was looking forward to watching the 1993 PBA Championship at Dumpwater, FL next week. :(

The SNL sketches making fun of this channel are better than anything they show. The only thing I will miss is the occasional live sports they stuck on there when they had too many games to show.
I don't think I will add multi-sports again until Red Zone is back in the fall.

Normally I wouldn't care about ESPN Classic moving into the Multi-Sports Pack since there is nothing worth viewing on the channel. However, there is one event coming up that I would watch if I had the channel. ESPN2's weekly English Premier League match (Chelsea vs. Aston Villa) has been relegated to ESPN Classic on 27 March since it conflicts with College Lacrosse (Johns Hopkins vs. Virginia), which I assume ESPN is obligated to show on ESPN2 since they have a contract with NCAA to show semifinals and finals of most college sports.

WOW Would have never known it was moved unless I read the forums... Only thing I ever watched on it was the old NASCAR races from back in the day... I can't even say when the last time I have actualy watched the channel lately though... CC

I was suprised as well...but I never watch anything on it. So good riddens...might as well remove it. Not a channel I would subscribe to, even though I am a big sports fan, But I am into current sports not the ones where you already know the outcome. Plus not in HD so hardley ever watch anything in non hd.

I looked and asked a CSR what was going on and she said there was a contract dispute going on. I lost the Cinemax deal a few days ago and she was able to put it back on for 3 months for free at least.

I told her all about this site and she said she will check it out tonight. Then she will know the truth.

How much does the multi-sport pack cost and what do you get besides ESPNCL and Red Zone when in season?

If it's what it used to be, you get all the RSNs, assuming that they're not spotbeamed, and still subject to blackouts if I remember rightly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)