ESPN classic now green in my guide ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dish did the same thing with the Versus channel it was on the top 200 package the only way to get Versus know is to get the top 250 package.

Disappointed in this change because live US National Team soccer games are often relegated to ESPN Classic. I would drop down from Top 250 to Top 200 and add the Multisports Package, but I don't want to lose Fox Soccer Channel.

Disappointed in this change because live US National Team soccer games are often relegated to ESPN Classic. I would drop down from Top 250 to Top 200 and add the Multisports Package, but I don't want to lose Fox Soccer Channel.

Now that you mentioned it, is Top 250 the only package that FSC is available on? I know that its also on latino max, but most of the latino max channels are on 110 i believe, which i cant get now that im on EA.

Now that you mentioned it, is Top 250 the only package that FSC is available on? I know that its also on latino max, but most of the latino max channels are on 110 i believe, which i cant get now that im on EA.

Yes. FSC is only available on Top 250 or higher. FS+ is $14.95 per month and now ESPN Classic, which occasionally shows soccer games like this weekend's Chelsea vs Aston Villa, is now gone.

Well sometimes if a CFB game was on and it was into OT the next game would get shifted over to Classic which was nice, so I wonder if I should call and complain and what they may offer me for taking this channel away?

Well sometimes if a CFB game was on and it was into OT the next game would get shifted over to Classic which was nice, so I wonder if I should call and complain and what they may offer me for taking this channel away?

It wasn't taken away, it was moved. You still have the opportunity to watch the channel, you just have to decide if $5.99 is worth it to you to watch it.

Here is what was posted to the DISH Network Retailer Website.

I don't get it. In the top 200 I already get NHL network, NBATV, NFL Network and the Big10 network.
Why is the price the same ($5.99) for someone in the TOP 120 who don't doesn't have those channels and someone in the Top 200 who already has most of the channels in this sports package?

It wasn't taken away, it was moved. You still have the opportunity to watch the channel, you just have to decide if $5.99 is worth it to you to watch it.

How is that any different than "Taken away" ? It was taken away from a already paid for package and now they are forcing you to purchase another small package to see it. IMO that's bs no matter how you slice it.

How is that any different than "Taken away" ? It was taken away from a already paid for package and now they are forcing you to purchase another small package to see it. IMO that's bs no matter how you slice it.

"taken away" connotes that it is gone and not able to be seen by anyone. And that is not the case here. The channel is still on Dish and can be watched by anyone who wants to watch it as long as they pay the $5.99 for the package that it now is a part of as it was moved. It is now in line with most all other providers who carry the channel which is on a sports package.
If you feel so strongly about the move. Might I suggest you contact ESPN and inform them that you are unpleased with the position of the channel on the sports packages of Dish, Direct, etc...

"taken away" connotes that it is gone and not able to be seen by anyone. And that is not the case here. The channel is still on Dish and can be watched by anyone who wants to watch it as long as they pay the $5.99 for the package that it now is a part of as it was moved. It is now in line with most all other providers who carry the channel which is on a sports package.
If you feel so strongly about the move. Might I suggest you contact ESPN and inform them that you are unpleased with the position of the channel on the sports packages of Dish, Direct, etc...

Use whatever term you want, but something was included in the price and now it IS NOT. Maybe hostage is a better term :mad: since you can get it back but you have to you pay the ransom. (OKay, I know you will split hairs here, I know the channel won't be shot if I don't pay)

Received a personal letter today from President stating ESPN is now in the sports package. because they did not inform me they offered me 3 free months of the package. As I am one of the pioneer group who first subscribed to Dish back in 1995

Use whatever term you want, but something was included in the price and now it IS NOT. Maybe hostage is a better term :mad: since you can get it back but you have to you pay the ransom. (OKay, I know you will split hairs here, I know the channel won't be shot if I don't pay)

You want the channel bad enough, it's sitting there waiting for you, you just have to decide if it is worth the cost to watch it.
There are plenty of channels that I would like to have but the extra cost isn't worth it to me to change packages...but then I don't spend my whole life in front of my tv either, so...

E* has this on their website now regarding ESPN Classic:
http://dishnetwork.com/espn/
from link said:
The great news is that if you don't already have our Multi-Sport package you can add it to your account at any time.
Great news indeed! I was worried silly that we had lost it for good. It is great news I can pay more for something they were already giving me. ;)

I do understand them moving it to the Sports Tier. Dish Network's sports tier is terribly weak... not worth getting, really, unless you like small school college basketball.

"The great news is that if you don't already have our Multi-Sport package you can add it to your account at any time."

It's "great news" for Charlie, and nobody else.

I wish they could move all of the sports to a special package so people who don't watch it , don't have to pay for it anyway!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)