Espn Classic Reception

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Does anyone have any problems getting ESPN Classic, AMC 10, 400? I have had problems from day one, lots of tiling and intermittent signals. I have tried bumping the dish, setting and resetting the polarity. I am getting a good signal quality. For example, today I have bright sunshine, not a cloud in the sky and a signal quality of 98 and the reception is poor. Any ideas?:confused: Also I have came across an ESPN Classic signal on G(X)4, 400, but it says no subscription. When I called NPS to see if it had changed satellites and needed to be activated they told me that they noticed that feed also, but didn't know anything about it and that the AMC 10 feed was the one that was authorized......:confused:

Last edited:
[Does anyone have any problems getting ESPN Classic, AMC 10, 400? I have had problems from day one, lots of tiling and intermittent signals. I have tried bumping the dish, setting and resetting the polarity. I am getting a good signal quality. For example, today I have bright sunshine, not a cloud in the sky and a signal quality of 98 and the reception is poor. Any ideas? Also I have came across an ESPN Classic signal on G(X)4, 400, but it says no subscription. When I called NPS to see if it had changed satellites and needed to be activated they told me that they noticed that feed also, but didn't know anything about it and that the AMC 10 feed was the one that was authorized....../QUOTE]

Jim

i did have problems . it turned out to be my corotor motor on the feed horn

once i replaced the corotor motor my problem was gone. signal quality 99 now

Last edited:
My signal quality is in the 80's and the picture is fine. I had some problems in the past and found that my feedhorn was not centered on the dish. I attached cables on the dish at three points and hooked the other end around the outer ring of the scalar ring with small turnbuckles and cranked it (be careful that you don't put any more pressure on the dish than you must) to the center. I was working on Ku band reception but it did improve all the C band stuff as well, including C4 - 400. It seems that a quality of 98 should be very good. If I have more than 20 it is very watchable. I have a 10 ft dish, buttonhook assembly.

Thanks for the tips guys. I don't have any problems with any of the other digitals, that's what I couldn't figure out. With the signal at 98 there shouldn't be anything wrong with this one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)