ESPN CLASSIC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jkauf55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Nashville, TN
Am i missing something or just behind on news but my espn classic is greyed out and get the "channel not purchased" message.

I know i have this channel watched something on it the other day.

Is it moved to a sports package? or what?

I have Total Choice + and get ESPNU in the 600's and have the ESPN Classic greyed out on my HR20's and it says channel not purchased when you go to it.

Choice Extra+ and hr20/700, and looked on my H21/600 and its gone as well. Like an earlier post really nothing on it anyway!!

BTW, the "swap" of ESPNU for ESPNC is a marketing decision that was made by ESPN, Inc, and included in its most recent renewals with not only DirecTV but with other providers. Cable systems that carry only one are being encouraged to carry U, and cable packages are similarly being reassigned between the two.

IMHO, ESPNC has just run its course. I simply have seen everything out of its rerun vault I care to and its now mostly consists of just "instant classics" (reruns of recent games) and poker. If ESPN really cared about the channel, it would scour other network's vaults for rights to more old games.

ESPN Classic Not in ChoiceXtra Anymore

I am at a relative's house, and I just noticed something. I know that this was supposed to happen a while back when ESPN U was added, but now it seems official. ESPN Classic (Channel 208) with ChoiceXtra + HD Access says: Channel not purchased. (721)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts