Espn-HD: MLB Baseball : New York Yankees at Los Angeles Dodgers 8pm EST

Seawaves said:
Vurbano,

Do your homework, the Lakers (unlike the Yankees) did NOT have the highest payroll in the league. You may have heard about all the money Malone and Payton gave up to play with the Lakers? Those two guys cost a total of 6 million. Payton's money was a waste though.

While we choked in the finals, the Lakers were still pretty good.

And the the Yanks had the highest payroll by 50 milion!

Go Dodgers!!!
Seawaves, do your homework. When did I say LA had the highest payroll?

Guys,

it is just a meaningless series in June. I wonder what it would like if Dodgers and Yankees meet in the WS in 720p? :) Can't wait for tomorrow night, but I think I won't be able to see the beginning or the game, I have a wedding to go to. :( enjoy it for me.

Sean Mota said:
Guys,

it is just a meaningless series in June. I wonder what it would like if Dodgers and Yankees meet in the WS in 720p? :) Can't wait for tomorrow night, but I think I won't be able to see the beginning or the game, I have a wedding to go to. :( enjoy it for me.
A wedding over Yankees and Dodgers in HD??? What happened to your priorities Sean-LOL

Oh where oh where is that DVR-sure would help solve a conflict like yours Sean would it not???

eschu97611 said:
Not "complaining"-just pointing out that the "Yanks" haven't won any titles in 3+ years with that phenomanal line-up and payroll, is all.

Money=titles( uh, how bout NOPE-LOL)
But its fun to compete for it, and that is more than i can say for the Dodgers. Plus the yankees are the AL Champs for the last several years. Also, Knocking out BOston last year in 7 games was almost as good as winning the world series...LOL

neo0285 said:
Go Yankees !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boy does Baseball need a salary cap!!-Well, maybe not-2003 WS Champs Florida Marlins, 2002 WS Champs Anaheim Angels, 2001 WS Champs Arizona D-Backs

Never mind-LOL

neo0285 said:
But its fun to compete for it, and that is more than i can say for the Dodgers. Plus the yankees are the AL Champs for the last several years. Also, Knocking out BOston last year in 7 games was almost as good as winning the world series...LOL
I'm sorry-Crowing about winning the AL Championship is like the Lakers bragging about knocking out the Spurs And Wolves this season en route to a Western Conf. Championship-anything less than a title is a failure-How many Western Conf. Banners do the Lakers have hanging at the Stapler???-0
How many ALCS Flags at Yankee Stadium-0

C'mon Yankee fans-don't settle-WIN THE FREAKING TITLE with that stratospheric payroll already will ya!!

eschu97611 said:
A wedding over Yankees and Dodgers in HD??? What happened to your priorities Sean-LOL

Oh where oh where is that DVR-sure would help solve a conflict like yours Sean would it not???

Have to make wife happy... wife rules.... Wife said no HD... I accept :D

Sean Mota said:
Actually, none. Only 26 WS title hanging off the walls. :D
MY point exactly Sean-anything less than a WS Title should be viewed as a failure, and is, by the organization and most "Fans"-to mention ALCS titles is heresy to most "true" Bomber fans-I repeat, WIN THE FREAKING WS TITLE and don't anyone tell me that it is admirable to "compete" each year-Give me a break!!!

eschu97611 said:
MY point exactly Sean-anything less than a WS Title should be viewed as a failure, and is, by the organization and most "Fans"-to mention ALCS titles is heresy to most "true" Bomber fans-I repeat, WIN THE FREAKING WS TITLE and don't anyone tell me that it is admirable to "compete" each year-Give me a break!!!

Agree but that 7 game series against Boston was quite a series feel with all sort o feelings...

eschu97611 said:

Come back and talk to me when the dodgers win something, ANYTHING! I would love the yankees to win the WS AGAIN, but when im watching my team in the playoffs and the world series, you are probably crying somewhere that the yankees salary is too much!

"to mention ALCS titles is heresy to most "true" Bomber fans"
I guess im not a true fan like you, i should be bad mouthing other teams like you are. I guess that makes you a "true" fan

neo0285 said:
"to mention ALCS titles is heresy to most "true" Bomber fans"
I guess im not a true fan like you, i should be bad mouthing other teams like you are. I guess that makes you a "true" fan
"Never let facts get in the way of the truth"-my daddy always use to say-(Happy Fathers Day)-LOL

eschu97611 said:
It's Lima Time!!!

Does Castro need a pitcher back???-LOL

4-2 "Bums" bottom 2nd!!!

It's not over 'till is over... the 27th out needs to be recorded to count V... I'll take Contreras over Lima anytime... ;)

Sean Mota said:
It's not over 'till is over... the 27th out needs to be recorded to count V... I'll take Contreras over Lima anytime... ;)
I studied "El Duce,I watched "El Duce", Mr. Mota, Contreras is no "El Duce!!"LOL

Jury's still out on Mr. Contreras-looks like a mighty "shaky" 32 year-old pitcher to me.

eschu97611 said:
I studied "El Duce,I watched "El Duce", Mr. Mota, Contreras is no "El Duce!!"LOL

Jury's still out on Mr. Contreras-looks like a mighty "shaky" 32 year-old pitcher to me.

Who's talking about El Duque. I said that if you have to choose Contreras or Lima, I'll take my chances with Contreras. No comparisons made as El Duque was an excellent pitcher but he was at the down end of his career when he came to the USA.

Sean Mota said:
Who's talking about El Duque. I said that if you have to choose Contreras or Lima, I'll take my chances with Contreras. No comparisons made as El Duque was an excellent pitcher but he was at the down end of his career when he came to the USA.
Both Cuban defectors is all-sorry for the apparently confusing comparison.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)