ESPN HD Problems

ksharp20

Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Olivet, MI 49076
Is anyone else having a problem with ESPN-HD? I have not been able get this channel for two nights now. It is either a black screen or frozen pixelated images when I switch to this channel. I have tried re-booting the receiver, which didn't help. All other channels seem to be fine.

No I do not have VaVaVoom. It's just weird. All other channels are fine. OTA, regular ESPN, Voom exclusives. Any suggestions, besides calling customer service.

Could be a problem with the box, polarity, or the LNB, call CS and tell them that.

ksharp20 said:
Is anyone else having a problem with ESPN-HD? I have not been able get this channel for two nights now. It is either a black screen or frozen pixelated images when I switch to this channel. I have tried re-booting the receiver, which didn't help. All other channels seem to be fine.

Yeah, I am having problems with ESPN-HD and occassionally other non-OTA HD channels. It was puzzling to me b/c some of the HD channels had no problem as well as all the satellite channels. It was just ESPN-HD and ocassionally Equator and RUSH. I called customer service and they're sending someone out. Incidentally, my satellite strength is borderline 79-80. It used to be >95 so I don't know what happened. I'm guessing signal strength is the main culprit, but theoretically, isn't it all coming from the same satellite? So why would one channel have no problems whereas one channel does have a problem?

Maybe your dish got bumped or whacked by wind? It doesn't take much movement to lose a lot of signal. Could be some transponders are putting out more power than others?

Espn Hd

I am also having a problem with ESPN HD. Haven't had it since Thursday.

I had that problem for several weeks. After some snooping around and some service calls, the tech did a Manual tune in the service menu and have ended the problem. The tech also said that doing so will fix a lot of other problems.

Manual Tune

How do you do a manual tune. I haven't had my ESPN HD for 1.5 weeks!