ESPN News HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It will look much better when ESPN News-HD lights up on D* - then we can see it in MPEG4 instead of the MPEG2 showing on ESPN and ESPN2 HD.

I have DTV but don't see ESPNNews HD on the guide. It was supposed to be up today correct? Any advice or more detailed time frame on the addition.

I have DTV but don't see ESPNNews HD on the guide. It was supposed to be up today correct? Any advice or more detailed time frame on the addition.
The channel was launched today by ESPN but D* hasn't said what date they would start to carry it, just that they would. Folks are hoping that it will be this Wednesday since Wednesday is the day that D*'s been turning on new channels lately.

The ESPN NEWS in HD preview looked great today. Cant wait till its on full time on DirecTV.

I believe MGM HD, Smithsonian HD, Starz! Kids, Starz! Comedy, Starz! Edge, CNBC HD, Fox Business HD and some others were lit up on D* at the same time the channel launched.
Thats what I was thinking (although It is possible that I am incorrect) Which is why I questioned the post

Thats what I was thinking (although It is possible that I am incorrect) Which is why I questioned the post

Ok its me just venting thats all. But if D* knew about this well....last year right. How come they could not have been ready for todays fire up of ESPNews HD? Thats all im mad about. Folks waiting to see it. Then nothing. Just sad to me. But other than that. I like D* HD chnls.

Bitch moan, bitch moan. So many behind the scenes factors involved; I love how so many think its as simple as flipping a switch. You people could never run a successful business. LOL!

How about we use the excuse E* subs use to say why channels aren't on, D*'s in contract negotiations to get the channel and hope to have it soon.;)

Ok its me just venting thats all. But if D* knew about this well....last year right. How come they could not have been ready for todays fire up of ESPNews HD? Thats all im mad about. Folks waiting to see it. Then nothing. Just sad to me. But other than that. I like D* HD chnls.
Hey, I get it, but the way you put it is what I was commenting on. Feel free to vent, no prob, just word it a little diff:up

DirecTV adds channels on Wednesdays. This is a long-established business practice meant to minimize possible customer impact. The fact that they may put it in during the first channel add window (Wednesday, April 2) after the launch (Sunday, March 30) is not a problem.

Complaining that DirecTV somehow dropped the ball by following its own policy is unusual. If DirecTV fails to carry it a month after launch, that is a problem. If DirecTV carries it within the first week, that IS being prepared.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts