ESPN tidbit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fargus

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
ESPN announced that its new, 120,000-square-foot HD digital-production facility will open in Bristol, Conn., June 7 with the premiere of SportsCenter in HD.

The ESPN Digital Center will house 7 million feet of cable and three HDTV studios totaling 17,000 sq. ft. ESPN said the center's screening room will allow for immediate computer editing of highlights.

Final completion of the project is scheduled for 2005.

this was just announced today. go to www.multichannel.com for the article.

Maybe "negotiations" will run better when they are able to broadcast more actual HD.

Fargus said:
ESPN announced that its new, 120,000-square-foot HD digital-production facility will open in Bristol, Conn., June 7 with the premiere of SportsCenter in HD.

The ESPN Digital Center will house 7 million feet of cable and three HDTV studios totaling 17,000 sq. ft. ESPN said the center's screening room will allow for immediate computer editing of highlights.

Final completion of the project is scheduled for 2005.

this was just announced today. go to www.multichannel.com for the article.

Maybe "negotiations" will run better when they are able to broadcast more actual HD.

I don't have a subscription to that publication, but thanks for the update. I am as eager as anyone for ESPN-HD, but Sportscenter is a highlight show. And right now, 99% of all sports are produced in SD, so only studio segments will be HD. I would think HD and 5.1 would simply make Stuart Scott that much more obnoxious. But I guess all the ESPN originals like PTI and "Playmakers" will be HD, so that's cool.

by more HD, i meant the likes of baseball tonight and NFL prime time, stuff like that. Obviously the studio would make no difference to a sporting event hundreds of miles away. Gotta be happy with the little things and glimpses of hope i guess!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts