ESPN2 audio sounds terrible

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
Is anyone else noticing that ESPN2's coverage of the Duke game sounds like a bad MP3? And not just Dick Vitale's noise/voice, it's constant and during the commercials and everything.

I swear I am not crazy! It just sounds awful. I am using the DD 5.1 audio, perhaps that's the issue. It sounds normal when this game is on Buzzer Beater.

Note: ESPN2 still sounds awful. Crowd noise is sounds distorted and "digitally" - like a bad mp3 or a FM HD2 station that doesn't have enough bandwidth. It's only on ESPN2, no other channel that I have noticed.

Agreed on this one - the center channel always sounds crackly, too - and only on ESPN2.

ever get a fix on this? i know someone who had this exact issue and best i figured was to turn the dolby digital off (it was an old rear projection with horrible sound anyway)

I've noticed the audio garble, but I've also noticed it on other 720p channels. FoxNews, ABCFamily. I've never noticed it on a 1080i channel. Sometimes going to another channel helps, but usually a restart is required.

S~

I have tried all suggestions - ESPN2 is still sounding bad. With or without DD5.1, it's the same. ESPN2 is the only channel, nothing else I have noticed. If you have an HD radio, it sounds likes a bad HD2 that needs more bandwidth. Crowd noise sounds very digitally.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts