I never realized how terrible DTV streaming was until this weekend

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hokie74

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
I having been moving my DirecTV receivers back and forth from our house in Colorado Springs to a place in the mountains for a couple of years. I bought a dish, LNB and SWM so I could take my receivers with me to the second home. We are selling our main home so last week I left the receivers at the mountain place and figured I could watch DTV on the web site for the last week here in the Springs. I was amazed at how terrible the picture quality is. It is worse than 480i. I know it is not my Internet service because I can stream YouTube, Prime Video, and Netflix at 4k resolution all day long. Do they not even care how awful the streaming quality is?

I having been moving my DirecTV receivers back and forth from our house in Colorado Springs to a place in the mountains for a couple of years. I bought a dish, LNB and SWM so I could take my receivers with me to the second home. We are selling our main home so last week I left the receivers at the mountain place and figured I could watch DTV on the web site for the last week here in the Springs. I was amazed at how terrible the picture quality is. It is worse than 480i. I know it is not my Internet service because I can stream YouTube, Prime Video, and Netflix at 4k resolution all day long. Do they not even care how awful the streaming quality is?
call and complain!!! did you look to see if there was a settings button that would let you ajust the resolution??

Streaming from DirecTV.com ? Or via the DirecTV app

I imaging the app was built for a phone screen and not made to be mirrored to a 4k tv etc but that's just my guess ...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hokie,
It sounds like your referring to the signal pulled up from the website ?
Your not talking about the numerous Streaming services ATT has, right ?
1 of those services is suppose to be just like D* Sat service in a Streaming format ... I can't keep track of which is which anymore as they have had so many going and then change them and do away with them and start something new.

Hokie,
It sounds like your referring to the signal pulled up from the website ?
Your not talking about the numerous Streaming services ATT has, right ?
1 of those services is suppose to be just like D* Sat service in a Streaming format ... I can't keep track of which is which anymore as they have had so many going and then change them and do away with them and start something new.

Yes, I should have been more specific. I am using a PC, Windows and watching on the Directv website in Firefox. I believe the site uses Adobe Flash Player, which Firefox hates. I looked around for a setting for resolutions but the only choice seems to be Closed Caption.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I should have been more specific. I am using a PC, Windows and watching on the Directv website in Firefox. I believe the site uses Adobe Flash Player, which Firefox hates. I looked around for a setting for resolutions but the only choice seems to be Closed Caption.

This has never been a good option ...

Reactions: MikeI
This has never been a good option ...
I have used it a few times in the past to watch on my phone or tablet when I was outside at home or out of town in a motel and wanted to watch something the motel system didn't carry. It was OK for that. But I would agree it's not a good option.

If you are talking about DVR playback using the android DirecTV app, you are correct. The video quality is garbage.

No, I am talking about streaming content on the DirecTV web page with the play on computer option.

Flash is going away for good at the end of the year.

Reactions: krynn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts