ESPN2 HD and other channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kapmeister

Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
My apologies if this has already been asked and answered. I have the HD package, and:

1. Are there plans to include ESPN2 HD?
2. Other channels coming?

Thank you!

There are always plans to add new channels but DirecTV makes a policy not to discuss them "out loud" until they are online. They wouldn't want to mis-speak and then have something go wrong.

kapmeister said:
My apologies if this has already been asked and answered. I have the HD package, and:

1. Are there plans to include ESPN2 HD?
2. Other channels coming?

Thank you!

ESPN 2 HD and TNT HD will be coming between summer and fall. Other channels should be announced in July but might not be launched until closer to the end of the year.

LonghornXP said:
ESPN 2 HD and TNT HD will be coming between summer and fall. Other channels should be announced in July but might not be launched until closer to the end of the year.

I sure hope so. The absence of 2 seasons of much of the NBA finals is not only frustrating but embarrassing IMO. TNTHD is Longggggggg overdue.

It is amazing how they say they don't have the bandwidth to add more, but when it is football season they can add all kinds of HD channels, for football. I know they do remove some of the PPV movies during games, but there is a lot of other junk on there they could remove and add channels that people will watch, like ESPN2 or TNTHD.

lou_do said:
It is amazing how they say they don't have the bandwidth to add more, but when it is football season they can add all kinds of HD channels, for football. I know they do remove some of the PPV movies during games, but there is a lot of other junk on there they could remove and add channels that people will watch, like ESPN2 or TNTHD.

Things aren't that simple. They could give us those two channels but the NBA last season and MLB games this season wouldn't have been shown and maybe you aren't aware that D* had to keep those channels open because their contracts required them to carry a certain amount of MLB games from Fox Sports Net and such. Things aren't always as simple as we want them to be or want them to be for that matter. Now I'm not making excuses for them but this isn't a choice for them to say lets not showing any sporting events even though our contracts say we have too. Screw Fox Sports Net and just say we don't have bandwidth. That just won't work now will it.

Kapmeister,

D* will add extra HD channels when they are damn good and ready...I've been suffering through this drought of channels for more than a year now...even worse, D* is downrezzing the HDTV channels....on my Mits Diamond, D* HDTV is looking worse than ever, CLEARLY dummed down.

Let's pray for an alternative to provide some legit competition. Please!

rkr0923 said:
They have NO plans for those 2 most wanted channels

Could you have said anything more ignorant? I bash D* all of the time and even I know that those 2 channels will be added.

ESPN 2 HD and TNT HD will be in the HD Package for no extra cost. Now when the big additions come to the HD Package later on you most likely will see an increast to around 13-16 bucks a month but the lineup would be pretty worth it.

LonghornXP said:
ESPN 2 HD and TNT HD will be in the HD Package for no extra cost. Now when the big additions come to the HD Package later on you most likely will see an increast to around 13-16 bucks a month but the lineup would be pretty worth it.

Care to expand on your reasoning why it would be worth a possible 50% increase in the cost?

Chado said:
Care to expand on your reasoning why it would be worth a possible 50% increase in the cost?

Umm because Dish charges 15/month and D* will have almost twice as much as they have so that is why. Now until the major additions are added ESPN 2 HD and TNT HD will be part of the HD package at its current price which is 10.99/month.

I'm pretty most if not everyone on here would gladly pay an extra 3-5 bucks a month for the major additions. If your not happy with them and the increase than you wouldn't ever be happy with Voom even at half price when it was around.

Again just wait and see and you won't question it one bit.

You know what pisses me off is that if I could just tell you the specific details of the additions you wouldn't be making a statement like this. That alone is just killing me because I can't tell you anything. Maybe this cry out would tell you something. You have no idea how much it kills me to answer every question like this with just wait and see when I could say so much more.

It was just a question, not a statement. I just would like to see some justification from D* for a price increase that's all.....and your reply makes me feel better about the increase.

Please don't cry, it doesn't become you!!!! LOL!!

You can cry-out on my shoulder longhornXP :yes
Well, this old fart will wait it out......there is the one side of me that is so excited to just hear how the folks in the 1st group get taken care off (& yes longhorn....I do hope they do this in the time frame mentioned)....I'm not getting any younger though...

Barney

LonghornXP said:
Umm because Dish charges 15/month and D* will have almost twice as much as they have so that is why. Now until the major additions are added ESPN 2 HD and TNT HD will be part of the HD package at its current price which is 10.99/month.

I'm pretty most if not everyone on here would gladly pay an extra 3-5 bucks a month for the major additions. If your not happy with them and the increase than you wouldn't ever be happy with Voom even at half price when it was around.

Again just wait and see and you won't question it one bit.

You know what pisses me off is that if I could just tell you the specific details of the additions you wouldn't be making a statement like this. That alone is just killing me because I can't tell you anything. Maybe this cry out would tell you something. You have no idea how much it kills me to answer every question like this with just wait and see when I could say so much more.

Now that Spaceway 2 is delayed, when do you think that announcement will come?

Curtis0620 said:
Now that Spaceway 2 is delayed, when do you think that announcement will come?
Right after D* adds the much anticipated NHL channel!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)