ESPN's 30 for 30

satjay said:
30 for 30 fans, I have been reading that there will be a "Fab Five" 30 for 30 in March! This should be a good one, those were crazy times for college basketball!

I am looking forward to THAT one and the supposed Steve Bartman one that I heard was either being made or is already done and is in the final editing stage.

Yes both have them will be great! Looking foward to Fab Five one, man was that a great two years, Michigan basketball is just getting past that now but what a ride it was...only thing that was missing was a title :(

Yes I think Jalen Rose said it best...Name the starting five on the Carolina team that beat them?? I can name one Montrose

I thought the Fab Five documentary was interesting. They all came off looking pretty bad IMO. They were cocky, brash and couldn't back it up in the end. In the end they seemed to be betrayed as victims especially Rose. I get tired of hearing how schools use athletes to make big bucks while they get nothing. Bullsh!t!!
Try telling that to non athletes with limited funds trying to get their kids through school. A full athletic scholarship is worth it's weight in gold and should be treated as such.

I thought the Fab Five documentary was interesting. They all came off looking pretty bad IMO. They were cocky, brash and couldn't back it up in the end. In the end they seemed to be betrayed as victims especially Rose. I get tired of hearing how schools use athletes to make big bucks while they get nothing. Bullsh!t!!
Try telling that to non athletes with limited funds trying to get their kids through school. A full athletic scholarship is worth it's weight in gold and should be treated as such.

Excuse me, but I WAS one of those athletes when I went to FSU on a full ride and you really do get as much as you need. What do you when you lives thousands of miles away and you have a family emergency and you come from a poor background? what do you when you wanna do laundry? Need gas for the shi*** car you have?
What if you have a girlfriend and wanna go to a simple movie? We really do not wanna get into what they get and don't get IF you have never been through it.

As far as them being cocky and not backing up...they were together 2 years and BOTH years, they played in the NCG. I think the ONLY reason they really lost was experience. Both years, they lost to more experience teams.

Excuse me, but I WAS one of those athletes when I went to FSU on a full ride and you really do get as much as you need. What do you when you lives thousands of miles away and you have a family emergency and you come from a poor background? what do you when you wanna do laundry? Need gas for the shi*** car you have?
What if you have a girlfriend and wanna go to a simple movie? We really do not wanna get into what they get and don't get IF you have never been through it.

As far as them being cocky and not backing up...they were together 2 years and BOTH years, they played in the NCG. I think the ONLY reason they really lost was experience. Both years, they lost to more experience teams.
Was this a typo?? It seems to contradict the rest of your statement. :confused:

salsadancer7 said:

I WAS the same athlete also, twice. UAB and Auburn University Montgomery. I stand by what I said. I lived it too.

I think one of the things Jalen Rose has said this week is the documentry was done and talked about from there perspective at that time as 18and 19 year olds

cosmo_kramer said:
It's also convenient that he won't clarify whether or not he still feels that way today. Based on his statements on ESPN's FirstTake earlier this week, I'd say he does.

Yep. Dan Patrick wants him on his show bad but probably will not happen due to ESPN. DP said that some things said since the NC game by Rose did not match what he said now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts