ESPN's 30 for 30

For those who didn't see the FirstTake program and are interested in seeing it:

Standing By Comments About Duke? - ESPN Video - ESPN

He CLEARLY states the 1st 10 minutes that that is how he felt as an 18 year. Jalen Rose was an all-american in high school and one of the top 10 players in the country....oh yeah, and a honor roll student. He was not lying when he stated Duke recruited a certain type of player. How heavy does Duke recruit when it comes to inner city kids? No much.

Intresting timeing Michigan playing Duke in the Big Dance! It will be a tough one, but go Blue!!

salsadancer7 said:
He CLEARLY states the 1st 10 minutes that that is how he felt as an 18 year. Jalen Rose was an all-american in high school and one of the top 10 players in the country....oh yeah, and a honor roll student. He was not lying when he stated Duke recruited a certain type of player. How heavy does Duke recruit when it comes to inner city kids? No much.

Chris Webber was very close to signing with Duke, his second choice. Not sure how that could have happened without being recruited by Duke!!
Duke has recruited several inner city kids around Birmingham. What you say is not true at all.

Chris webber went to Country Day, private school as well as the other recruit from the area Shane Battier went to country day as well

Rose stated that Duke black players were "uncle toms".
Webber was recruited by Duke heavily. Does that make Webber an "uncle tom"??

Add LeBron James to that list as he was interested in Duke also.
Let's face it. Haters will be haters. People will say things thinking something will stick. No matter how untrue it is.

Chris Webber was very close to signing with Duke, his second choice. Not sure how that could have happened without being recruited by Duke!!
Duke has recruited several inner city kids around Birmingham. What you say is not true at all.

As a whole...Duke does not recruit that much in the inner city. That is know down here in Miami, that was known when I lived in Chicago. VERY few if anyone has disputed what Rose said when it comes to the type of player that Duke recruits. So, yeah, it is true what I am saying because I said they do very little recruiting in the inner city.

Add LeBron James to that list as he was interested in Duke also.
Let's face it. Haters will be haters. People will say things thinking something will stick. No matter how untrue it is.

Terrible example. Lebron was recruited by every single college and pro leagues IN THE WORLD. They also knew from the moment he started his senior year that he was going pro. Means nothing because Akron is not Chicago, Detroit or NYC.

James listed Duke as HIS number one school of interest. Haters will hate for made up reasons.
Last I will say on this.

As a whole...Duke does not recruit that much in the inner city. That is know down here in Miami, that was known when I lived in Chicago. VERY few if anyone has disputed what Rose said when it comes to the type of player that Duke recruits. So, yeah, it is true what I am saying because I said they do very little recruiting in the inner city.

Can you blame duke for not wanting a team of thugs?

Don't know if I would call them thugs, what webber did was wrong but would not call it being a thug

satjay said:
Don't know if I would call them thugs, what webber did was wrong but would not call it being a thug

Well some people, including Rose, mustn't think that you can win with 2 parent black and white kids. And can't stand Coach K for doing so.

Seemed like the Olympic team loved playing for Coach K. Of course none of the Fab 5, besides Webber, were even close to being that talented.

satjay said:

I totally agree...

..the problem is, too many have no clue what a real thug is. So the assumption is ANYONE that has cornrows and a few tattoos...immediate thug....

Looks most likely that Rose didn't tell ESPN about the DUI because of the promotion for the upcoming '30 for 30' piece:

ESPN is pulling Jalen Rose off the air after a report found the NBA basketball analyst waited almost three weeks to tell his employers about his arrest in Michigan on suspicion of drunk driving.

"Jalen has accepted full responsibility for his actions. Both parties are taking this very seriously, and as a result, we've agreed that he will not be on our air while he addresses this situation," said ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz in an email to Game On!

Jalen Rose pulled off the air by 'compromised' ESPN - Game On!: Covering the Latest Sports News

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts