ESPN's 30 for 30

Mini marathon on espn classic right now. The wayne Gretzky one on, while I know alot of shows are on prior to them being in hd, Many of the "classics" are from recent times are in hd

its so hard to pick a favorite from these. the following were all OUTSTANDING:
The U
Who Killed the USFL
Without Bias
Reggie Miller
Guru of Go
No Crossover
June 17, 1994
Little Big Men
Four Days in October
Once Brothers - the only one that made me actually feel legitimately sad
Pony Excess

Lkr said:
its so hard to pick a favorite from these. the following were all OUTSTANDING:
The U
Who Killed the USFL
Without Bias
Reggie Miller
Guru of Go
No Crossover
June 17, 1994
Little Big Men
Four Days in October
Once Brothers - the only one that made me actually feel legitimately sad
Pony Excess

Have you seen "Two Escobars"? To me, the best of all.

Lkr said:
I never got to see that one :(

The main reason I thought it was the best was because anyone that could have been involved during those very trying times in Colombia, was interviewed except the two main characters...because they were dead. We are talking from the main righthand man of Pablo Escobar to 2 former presidents of Colombia.

Yea like so many gives you a bit of a flashback on where you were and what you were doing during that time.

I was looking for the 30 for 30 thread, over the weekend classic had most of them on and even though it was in SD, I still found myslef watching them. Looking foward to tonights

Hard for me to watch after 15 minutes. People talk A LOT of crap of how THEY would have done it differently...but you just don't know. As MOST college athletes, you had nothing...suddenly at ages as early as 19...you are a millionaire 10 to 100 times over for the 1st time ever. You have family and friends...those you trust taking the biggest advantage of you. Very sad....

salsadancer7 said:
Hard for me to watch after 15 minutes. People talk A LOT of crap of how THEY would have done it differently...but you just don't know. As MOST college athletes, you had nothing...suddenly at ages as early as 19...you are a millionaire 10 to 100 times over for the 1st time ever. You have family and friends...those you trust taking the biggest advantage of you. Very sad....

I felt sorry for the the guys like Bernie Kosar, whose own dad ripped him off. And others who ripped by family and financial advisors.

Andre Rison just came off as a jerk.

2 things players should take from this, save your money and wear condoms.

The one part I found funny was when the guy said Rickey Henderson got a check for a million bucks and later they didnt show it as cashed. They called Rickey to see why it hadnt cleared and he had framed it.

It was OK.

I think you mean everyone should (not just players) ;)

Hart5150 said:
I felt sorry for the the guys like Bernie Kosar, whose own dad ripped him off. And others who ripped by family and financial advisors.

Andre Rison just came off as a jerk.

I could not agree more.

I know this will not be well received...but these universities ...knowing full well they make millions off these kids, should have some kind of seminar for athletes that have a chance to make it as a professional athletes BEFORE they get to the pros.

This 30 for 30 episode was sad but not surprising. Some of the comments about how glamorous it is to open up a nightclub but it's boring to invest in mutual funds. So true. It reminds me of so many people who think the man with 3 new cars and boats in his yard must have more money then the guy next door with 2 used cars and a small boat. Not always the case. All of them should read the book "The Millionaire Next Door". Lottery Winners go broke all the time. Some people just can't handle money.

I could not agree more.

I know this will not be well received...but these universities ...knowing full well they make millions off these kids, should have some kind of seminar for athletes that have a chance to make it as a professional athletes BEFORE they get to the pros.

It should be more than a seminar, it should be a minor offered by the school for intercollegiate athletes. Courses taught over time so that they fullly understand that their earning curve is very, very short.

I could not agree more.

For the small percentage that will make the money??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts