ESPNU HD....WHEN???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

slick1ru2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
The South
Going into the 3rd season of college football since the launch, which listed Dish as a carrier back then and have not heard nothing. Just that ESPN Classic, which sometimes carries a live college football game is moving to the Multi Sport package. Anyone hear anything???

Just a guess, but CV just got ESPNU-HD and there was talk that in return CV had to move ESPN-Classic into a separate tier (or perhaps it was the other way around, but the rumour is that the moves are connected). So perhaps the similar move by Dish signals that ESPNU-HD is in the cards.

I agree, that's why I added, parenthetically, "the other way around". Maybe CV was allowed to do that in return for carrying ESPNU-HD; Dish may then be getting "something" in return for its similar move, perhaps the same channel.

But, again of course, just speculation.

I have never been impressed by it. Any of the big major college sports are usually on espn or espn-2.

It is extremely useful when you attend a college that is frequently on an ESPN network. Other than that, I very rarely watch it. It is nice to have when my Vols are playing though. With the SEC and ESPN deal, I expect a few football games this fall, just like last year, along with possible summer sports like softball and baseball that I will watch. Most of the time there is nothing of interest though.

It is extremely useful when you attend a college that is frequently on an ESPN network. Other than that, I very rarely watch it. It is nice to have when my Vols are playing though. With the SEC and ESPN deal, I expect a few football games this fall, just like last year, along with possible summer sports like softball and baseball that I will watch. Most of the time there is nothing of interest though.

I was getting the ESPN Gameplan for years. After only 1 game, I think this past season was on it for USF, I am not getting it this year. Several key games usually show up on ESPNU for the Big East. I am tired of watching crappy SD games on RSNs, ESPNU and Gameplan.

I have never been impressed by it. Any of the big major college sports are usually on espn or espn-2.

I'd rather watch a good game on espnu then a "big major college sports" game on espn or espn2 that is a blow out as they often seem to be. They play many non-BCS conference rivalry games as well as games that look good based on team play during the season. I guess the key is you have to be a football fan vs an SEC or ACC or Big 10 fan to enjoy these games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts