ESPNU moving to Choice 7/1 & HD coming, ESPN Classic moving to sports pack.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well at least there's a date for espnu hd even if it's in 2010

its obvious espnuhd will be one of the 40 or 50 national hd channels that will get turned on when dtv 12 goes live, hopefully next january. but by then football season will be over AGAIN!

The by the end of the 1st quarter of 2010 time frame coincides with when D* has stated that D12 will be delivering new HD. If the launch and testing go well new HD stuff could be up by late December 2009 or January 2010.

ETA: apparently Iceturkee types faster than me. :)

its obvious espnuhd will be one of the 40 or 50 national hd channels that will get turned on when dtv 12 goes live, hopefully next january. but by then football season will be over AGAIN!
And just in time to miss the SECs transition to the ESPN networks:(

I was hoping for one more HD capable network so that maybe there would be more HD games

Oh well

Not happy this basically confirms a D12 launch wait. UConn is the official football team of ESPNU (or at least was, until Comcast got it, which also happened today)

This is unfortuate for people tied to ESPN Classic.

D* had to do something here, with the SEC coming in for football this fall on ESPNU.

I would love to see espn classic up converted to hd.it would look much better even if it isn't real hd. i barely watch it because of the poor pic quality.

Wait..... Didn't we think that with D-11 and when they turned them up they were sports channels? What new HD have we gotten since D-11, only 5 or 6 that I know of....

I'll believe it when I see it...

This is unfortuate for people tied to ESPN Classic.

D* had to do something here, with the SEC coming in for football this fall on ESPNU.

ESPN announced earlier this year that they would allow cable & satellite carriers to swap ESPNU and ESPN Classic.

if there is going to be a big hype over the SEC shed starting september, i don't understand why espnuhd can't go live at the same time. it's my understaning, there are still a few hd slots available on dtv 11.

if there is going to be a big hype over the SEC shed starting september, i don't understand why espnuhd can't go live at the same time. it's my understaning, there are still a few hd slots available on dtv 11.

there is but for some frackin' reason they wont use them. they have room for this and more.

How does this move make ANY damn sense? Why would you swap out one sports channel for another? I'm not a huge fan of ESPN Classic or ESPNU, but if it was between one or the other I'd pick Classic in a heartbeat. Why do we have to gain one channel but lose another?? This move sucks.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

How does this move make ANY damn sense? Why would you swap out one sports channel for another? I'm not a huge fan of ESPN Classic or ESPNU, but if it was between one or the other I'd pick Classic in a heartbeat. Why do we have to gain one channel but lose another?? This move sucks.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

that's true :up

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

ESPNU: Will add a package of at least 13 SEC games per season, most of which will be in prime time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.