Las Cruces, NM
ESPNU, channel 609 on D*.... :D

Hint to E* .... :rolleyes:

Oh! Did I mention ESPNU is on channel 609 on D*? :confused:

Well, if I didn't, channel 609 on D* is ESPNU. :eek:

E*? Hello? Anybody there????? :confused:

The season starts in 10 days.... :shocked

E*? Anybody home????? :what

this is a waste of posting space. What average are we on, one new ESPNU/NFL Network post everyone 12 hours???

The Sports Pack.

For the most part it's the same programming they will be showing on ESPN-U just spread out over a bunch of RSNs

BFG said:
The Sports Pack.

For the most part it's the same programming they will be showing on ESPN-U just spread out over a bunch of RSNs

I wish that were true but it is not. CSTV is another new channel that will have exclusive rights to certain teams, conferences.

Many of us college FB fans are very anxious to E* to shore up the negociations.

Now I'm a Basketball fan not crazy about football but it's ok and I would really like to have ESPNU but I have to say I would rather have the superstations which D* doesn't offer.

If I do happen to switch to D* what channel might I find ESPNU on I have never looked at the channel chart lol.

Somone should delete this thread.

Harry said:
I take it you're not a sports fan?

Actually I am, though not college. It just seems that about every 12 hours a new thread pops up about someone threatening Dish because of ESPNU or NFL Network. Just getting a bit old, that's all!

Seem's like to me ESPNU and NFL Network are 2 of the most requested channels out there, or at the very least, those who want it are the most vocal and that's how changes occur, by being vocal.

Slamminc11 said:
Actually I am, though not college. It just seems that about every 12 hours a new thread pops up about someone threatening Dish because of ESPNU or NFL Network. Just getting a bit old, that's all!

Slamminc11 said:
Thats cool. I was trying to inject a bit of humor with keeping the drive alive for E* to pick these channels up. Especially since we are only 9 days away from the start of the season.

While I do like E* overall, I will have to swtich to D* if E* does not act within 4-5 days unfortunately. I hope I don't have to though.

you'd leave if ESPNU isn't added?

Is ESPNU that important? I'm really confused. What are they going to have that makes it soooo important to have? (seriously)

Now if you said they'd have 5 college hockey games a weekend on, then I might jump on the ship. If this is a ploy for ESPN to get more stuff off ESPN/ESPN2 so they can show crap like competative eating and more "whos number 1" or "5 reasons not to blame so and so", then its a shame.

ESPN/ESPN2 is a joke latelly. Leave the college games on ESPN/ESPN2.

I too will leave in the next 4 or 5 days if no ESPNU or CSTV. Iceberg, CSTV and ESPNU also shows several college hockey games a week.

I know about CSTV showing college hockey games....I can get those on NHL Network & Leafs TV on StarChoice :)

CSTV had a Friday Night game and sometimes a Saturday (if there was a Frdiay conflict)

Iceberg said:
you'd leave if ESPNU isn't added?

Is ESPNU that important? I'm really confused. What are they going to have that makes it soooo important to have? (seriously)

Now if you said they'd have 5 college hockey games a weekend on, then I might jump on the ship. If this is a ploy for ESPN to get more stuff off ESPN/ESPN2 so they can show crap like competative eating and more "whos number 1" or "5 reasons not to blame so and so", then its a shame.

ESPN/ESPN2 is a joke latelly. Leave the college games on ESPN/ESPN2.

I agree, ESPN and ESPN2 has too much junk on them now but they do show college sports when they are in season. (I prefer college sports over pro as the pro sports have become a joke with so many of them being drugies, wife beaters,, over paid whiners and such.)

ESPNU and CSTV are college oriented. D* carries them, E* does not. Many of us want these channels but it seems E* has turned a deaf ear to us. Again.

E* could at least keep us informed as to the negociations progress or what their plans are in carrying these channels. I have emailed them several times and it's always "I don't have any information" or "E* is in negociations to carry these channels". Apparently, D* didn't have any trouble getting them.

Charley needs to understand that "compelling" programming isn't limited to his definition and needs to listen to his customers.

Bottom line is, patience is running out. To me, D* is chipping away at E*. They are more proactive in content, serving their customer base and appears they will do some sort of swap for their customer base when Mpeg4 comes around.

I know a few of us have asked some of the (seemingly) insiders here about finding out E*'s plans. Nothing from them so I assume they can't get any info either.

Don't you hear that deafening silence from E*?

Have you thought about adding ESPN Gameplan?

Unfortunately, the only way for me to follow my college football team on a weekly basis is to subscribe to ESPN Gameplan...actually well worth $99 for 16 weeks of hard hitting coverage IMO. It's too bad the games aren't in HD. Anyway, I took a look at the games scheduled on ESPNU and IMO most of them aren't worth watching. Personally, I have no desire to see Alcorn State vs Southeastern Lousiana, Miles vs Stillman, Florida International vs Troy, etc. (* will most likely be simulcast on ABC/ESPN Gameplan)

Complete Schedule:

Thu., Aug. 25 Benedict at Morehouse 7:30 p.m. ESPNU
Thu., Sept. 1 Vanderbilt at Wake Forest 7 p.m. ESPNU
Fri, Sept. 2 Indiana at Central Michigan 7:30 p.m. ESPNU
Sat., Sept. 3 Ohio at Northwestern Noon ESPNU
Sat., Sept. 3 South Florida at Penn State 3:30 p.m. ESPNU*
Sat., Sept. 3 Delaware St. at Florida A&M 7 p.m. ESPNU
Sat., Sept. 3 UTEP at New Mexico State 10:30 p.m. ESPNU
Thu., Sept. 8 Alcorn State at Southeastern Louisiana 7:30 p.m. ESPNU
Sat., Sept. 10 Temple at Wisconsin Noon ESPNU*
Sat., Sept. 10 Hawaii at Michigan State 3:30 p.m. ESPNU*
Sat., Sept. 10 The Citadel at Florida State 6:45 p.m. ESPNU
Sat., Sept. 10 Weber State at Fresno State 10 p.m. ESPNU
Sun., Sept. 11 Kentucky State at Albany State (Ga.) 3 p.m. ESPNU
Thu., Sept. 15 Hampton at North Carolina A&T 7:30 p.m. ESPNU
Sat., Sept. 17 Eastern Michigan at Michigan Noon ESPNU*
Sat., Sept. 17 Ohio at Virginia Tech 3:30 p.m. ESPNU
Sat., Sept. 17 Connecticut at Georgia Tech 6:45 p.m. ESPNU
Sat., Sept. 17 UNLV at Nevada 10 p.m. ESPNU
Thu., Sept. 22 Louisiana-Monroe at Florida Atlantic 7:30 p.m. ESPNU
Sat., Sept. 24 Hawaii at Idaho 10 p.m. ESPNU
Sun., Sept. 25 Miles vs. Stillman 3 p.m. ESPNU
Thu., Sept. 29 Southeast Missouri State at Samford 7:30 p.m. ESPNU
Thu., Oct. 6 South Carolina State at Norfolk State 7:30 p.m. ESPNU
Sat., Oct. 8 Fresno State at New Mexico State 10 p.m. ESPNU
Thu., Oct. 13 Louisiana-Lafayette at Arkansas State 7:30 p.m. ESPNU
Thu., Oct. 20 Florida International at Troy 7:30 p.m. ESPNU
Thu., Nov. 3 Southern at Texas Southern 7:30 p.m. ESPNU
Thu., Nov. 10 Morgan State at South Carolina State 7:30 p.m. ESPNU
Tue., Nov. 15 Ohio at Akron 7:30 p.m. ESPNU
Thu., Nov. 17 Stephen F. Austin at Northwestern State 7:30 p.m. ESPNU
Fri, Nov. 18 Arkansas-Pine Bluff at Texas Southern 8 p.m. ESPNU
Mon., Nov. 21 Miami (Ohio) at Ohio U. 7:30 p.m. ESPNU
Thu., Nov. 24 Tuskegee at Alabama State 2 p.m. ESPNU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)