Espnu or All American Direct distants in HD

Bobby, Are you saying that Arizona is not eligible for west coast nets because there is no way they would allow subscriptions to the east feeds if only one is permitted.

Olancha California 93549 and Burns Junction Oregon 97910 are also eligible for all four networks.

Bobby, Are you saying that Arizona is not eligible for west coast nets because there is no way they would allow subscriptions to the east feeds if only one is permitted.

No not at all, I'm just saying that Arizona is not a Pacific Time zone.

So this means if I tell Dish I have moved back to my actual address, I will be able to keep my distants , plus the new distant HD.? I will then be able to add my real locals, correct?

Yes, they don't share physical addresses. I had a "moved" address for Houston for DISH and listed my aunts address in Arkansas for AAD to get distants , back last year. Also listed all the receivers off of three different DISH accounts listed in my name (moms, mine, aunts), and I got distants on all of them.

Silly question. I'm in Columbus, Ohio. I currently have my locals. Is there any way for me to get the Chicago locals? What do I need to do on Saturday?

Technically, the Superstations cease to exist after June 12, 2009. Not sure what kind of loophole they will find, but the law also says no new superstations can be created.

No they do not. The SHVERA authority extends through the end of the year.

I talked to someone at AAD this morning and they gave me the impression that since I'm living in the east coast (Tampa Bay area) that I would be able to get either Chicago or L.A. or maybe even both. That'd be great. But we'll see what happens. From what they said, next Monday (9/15) will be the day that they are turned on.

Correct. I'd scream if we had to wait until 9/15.

6/15/09 IT IS!!!

Last edited:
Now remember... something interesting that wasn't said last night...

There is nothing anywhere that gives the legal definition of what an acceptable digital signal is. In fact there is no set test for measuring digital signal levels at all.

With that said, it is quite possible that EVERYONE qualifies for Distant Networks through All American Direct as of Saturday.

I am sure the AAD folks will cover their butts and ask you if you can receive acceptable digital signals via an off air antenna, and if you answer no to that question then you should qualify for service from them.

Now some folks have asked me in PM's and last nights chat if they can get locals from Dish plus Distants from AAD. That is a question I don't know the answer two, however due to subscriber privacy I dont know if AAD knows what you subscribe to on Dish Network.

Now the mydistantnetwork.com website has no mention of anything and I don't expect them to until Saturday. I would recommend people wait until Monday before calling them and trying to add distants. :)

I wonder if the Chicago and LA HD channels will just turn on for current AAD subs or what. I am also concerned about a price change, I hope we can keep what we have and also recieve the Chi/LA stations.

Right now I have my Charlotte locals as well as the SD Distants from AAD. I see no reason why it would change with HD. I just hope we can get both SD cities as well as one HD city. That'd be nice, 4 cities total (1 from dish, and 3 from AAD). Would be a great football season :)

Now remember... something interesting that wasn't said last night...

There is nothing anywhere that gives the legal definition of what an acceptable digital signal is. In fact there is no set test for measuring digital signal levels at all.

With that said, it is quite possible that EVERYONE qualifies for Distant Networks through All American Direct as of Saturday.

I am sure the AAD folks will cover their butts and ask you if you can receive acceptable digital signals via an off air antenna, and if you answer no to that question then you should qualify for service from them.

Now some folks have asked me in PM's and last nights chat if they can get locals from Dish plus Distants from AAD. That is a question I don't know the answer two, however due to subscriber privacy I dont know if AAD knows what you subscribe to on Dish Network.

Now the mydistantnetwork.com website has no mention of anything and I don't expect them to until Saturday. I would recommend people wait until Monday before calling them and trying to add distants. :)

Apparently no one @ AAD knows what is going on ... great way to run the company by not having information four days before the switch and then an swarm of angry calls when someone can't watch COPS on Sat.

Kevin:
spacer.gif
What are the new qualifications for distants that take effect on June 13th 2009 ?
dash.gif
info.gif

Welcome Kevin Your request has been directed to our Customer Service Department. Please wait for our operator to answer your call.
dash.gif

dash.gif
info.gif

Call accepted by operator Becky. Currently in room: Kevin Harris, Becky.
dash.gif

Becky:

spacer.gif
Hello Kevin, I would need your address to see if your eligible, and if your not I could submit a waiver for you

Kevin :

I already receive distants for ABC, CBS, and FOX am I in danger of losing some of these with the new qualifications ?

Becky:

spacer.gif
Okay, give me just a moment to check
smile.gif

Becky:

spacer.gif
Okay, I show that your eligible for ABC, CBS & Fox from New York and San Francisco at 3.49 per channel. We can also submit a waiver for NBC at no charge for the waiver, are you already installed with Dish Network?

Kevin :

spacer.gif
you are misunderstanding my question I already get the three channels (ABC, CBS, FOX) through your company but during a Charlie Chat, Dish CEO said there were some new qualifications going into effect on June 13th 2009 indicating that I might lose some of the channels I currently recieve through you guys.

Becky:

Okay, give me just a moment to see if I can get that info
smile.gif

Kevin :

spacer.gif
This is an excerpt from what he said on the chat ...

Kevin:

spacer.gif
Digital Transition - Distant Networks
spacer.gif
Missing local network channels.
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Chicago and LA in HD ... San Fransisco and New York in SD.
spacer.gif
Service for up to 10 TVs connected to DISH Network.
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
www.mydistantnetworks.com 1-800-979-0512
spacer.gif
Not affiliated with DISH Network.
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
New qualifications effective Saturday June 13th.

Becky:

spacer.gif
Thanks for waiting
smile.gif
, after speaking with my supervisor..sorry we don't have any additional information as of right now

Kevin :

spacer.gif
ok no problem, any information on when the HD channels will be up ?

Becky:

spacer.gif
We haven't been informed with the info as of yet and unfortunately I will have to have you check back with us on Saturday... I'm sorry

Kevin :

spacer.gif
ok no problem

Kevin :

spacer.gif
thanks

Becky:

spacer.gif
Is there anything else I can help you with today?

I may have no choice to switch providers for TV service to meet my demands... I've been a loyal dish customer for a while now and had never had any reason to think about switching but with the possible loss of DVR and now the possible loss of another station I may just have to opt out of my contract and go through the internet for my TV needs (Hulu, Joost, PSN Network at $1.99/ep or $2.99 an ep. in HD, NetFlix, and some unoffical TV sites... I hate the fact that it'll happen but I dislike cable (equipment and channel selection sucks), really have no interest in DirecTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)