Ethernet port active on 622!!!

I told Dish techs yesterday, if I don't get the upgraded software by noon on the 15th, I will be cancelling my account with them. I want the same access and products like everyone else in here. I pay almost $300 a month and I should not be forgottan about. I have the "everything" package, every adult paid channel, locals, HD addon's, DVR access, etc. Its not like I'm just getting the cheapest package, I have the full thing. Direct compared to dish, I could save some money minus a few things but also have access to items dish does not have.

Given the fact that Dish obviously hates you, I'd just go ahead and subscribe to DTV. You'll probably be the only Dish customer in the nation to not get the upgrade by Wed.

I know Dish loves me, since I give them money every month (AT250+several premiums).

Honestly, I'm glad I'm not in the early update tier. (I keep hearing horror stories of broken HDMI ports and code rollbacks.) Yes, I'm still on 4.05. I might still be on it tomorrow. I will have my hard drive ready. When I call Dish to activate my external storage, the tech will send out an update to my receiver if necessary. Yawn... :rolleyes:

I will have my hard drive ready. When I call Dish to activate my external storage, the tech will send out an update to my receiver if necessary.
Doesn't work that way.... At best, if you're still on L4.05 and L4.41 is officially in full release, all they'll do is help you shut down your receiver, or put it in standby mode, so that the download process begins. The techs cannot push the update to your unit.

I'm connecting to it today when the switch gets here.
Any unhooking the phone or just leaving both connected ?

Locate the switch near the XBox and 622. Remove the cable going to the XBox and plug it into the new switch. One of the ports, almost always on the 'end', should be labeled "Uplink". Some are "auto" nowadays too (Netgears often use a switch that toggles between uplink and normal). Plug into that one. Now run two cables from the other ports to the XBox and the 622.

I got my switch in and did just these steps and decided to test the 360 first. It's not getting a IP and failing right away, hum.....
I do have dhcp on in the modem so I am not sure what's going on
I plugged the cable back into the xbox and it worked as it should

I know it's something real simple but right now the switch is goofing up.
The FD/COL is yellow is that helps and the others are green

hum, crap it should be just plug it in and power it up but that didn't quite work

I also recycled the modem while the switch was on

any ideas ?

Tiger

Is the cable from your router plugged into the UPLINK port ??

Page 4 of the manual (you did read it, right ??) says that the port next to the uplink port is disabled when the uplink port is used.

hi

Yep, I used the uplink and the port beside it was open
I tried three different cables even though all three are new ( two came with the xbox )

Confuzled!

The xbox diagnostic failed at the IP check much less the DNS test.

Thanks!
Tiger

Ya can activate on the 15th now is that midnight eastern time that you can call the center.

Last edited:
ok i think I got it.
I grabbed some old cables i had around that are cross over cables and used them instead of the cables that are come with the xbox ( not sure if this was why or a fluke )
But when I plugged the same cable into the xbox this time it grabbed the right IP info
Then I tested a second cable on the xbox and it also worked. So I plugged it into the 622 and did the broadband reset or whatever it's called and it also grabbed the IP info
Then I did connection test and i got a broadband and phone 'pass'

So now sure what I did different unless it was the cables or what

The light for FD/COL is orange but not flickering.

Did a google and found out that I am good to go as orange is normal as long as it's not flickering

Linksys 10/100 5 Port Workgroup Switch - Confirm - SpeedGuide.net Broadband Community

Thanks for the help!

Tiger

Last edited:
On my new 622 that I got installed on a 2nd tv this Saturday, I still didn't have it last night. So I read how everyone was getting it now and it was no longer by serial #, so I did the following.

Around 11:30pm last night, I changed my Update Preference to a minute ahead of what time I was on. I let it power off and do it's nightly update. I saw it reboot about twice, and it still came up with the old screen saver. So I figured that wasn't it, so I watched tv for a little bit. Then I got the idea to turn it off and wait. So I started playing some madden on the PC and after about 15 minute of sitting powered off, a screen came up saying that "Your system's memory is being programmed, do not power off". And after that finished up in about 5 minutes...BAM new software baby. Now both my 622's have it.

Well, with the new ethernet port and a switch working I now have the broadband 'on' as well as a slingbox that came today. Xbox seems to work normal meaning i still suck but it's connected to xbox live

Also have backed up a lot of my shows to external HD via the new USB

All in all, hella good day!!!!!!!

I'm a bit behind in the news and have read the few links about the broadband connection
I went and connected my 622 to my homenetwork oK so now what ? what plans will Dish have for this? and will Comcast really allow Dish to clog it's pipes with it content?

the only advantage I can see is I can now drop my land line saving me 60.00 a month like I said I'm behind so if anyone could bring me up to speed on the advantages Dish plans with this
I would appreachate it