Eutelsat 113 west weak signal:

farwest5050

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Austin,TX
Hello guys:
Is someone losing signal intensity from Eutelsat 113 West on C band? I have a 6 feet dish and a Geosatpro HD receiver with a C/KU LNB. I have been dealing with an up and down signal fading.
Can anyone help me to find a solution? Regards, Israel.

Hello guys:
Is someone losing signal intensity from Eutelsat 113 West on C band? I have a 6 feet dish and a Geosatpro HD receiver with a C/KU LNB. I have been dealing with an up and down signal fading.
A 6ft dish is too small to keep 4060 H Dvb-s2 8psk locked perfectly 24/7. You need at least a 7.5ft dish minimum. With a 6 footer, you are just at threshold, and the slightest signal issue will cause problems.

Hello guys:
I understand but I had strong signal with my 6 feet dish a couple months ago. That is my worry.

Since you got a signal just fine up to a few months ago my best guess is you may be experiencing signal interruption due to that wonderful thing (not) they call 5G. Part of the c band spectrum was purchased (taken?) so that cell phone carriers could use it. Unfortunately it has had the effect of causing signal reception issues for some people. Since your dish is on the small side you may be more susceptible to this. To be sure, you could use a spectrum analyzer to look for terrestrial interference caused by 5G. If it exists you could try replacing your current lnbf with a C138 or C238 from Titanium Satellite. These are designed to filter the new 5G interference. If is is really strong and that does not work you may need to build an RF fence, install an RF shield on the rim of the dish or even relocate it behind a building to block the unwanted signals that are causing the interference. More about that in the thread below and links to the C138 and C238. Good luck! :)

Do you think it is much better to use a C band LNB only or a combo C band /KU band? Wich one of them increase the signal please?

Some people use a combo setup. I have tried it myself and the results were better when I moved c band and ku to separate dishes with a dedicated lnbf for each. :)

Since you got a signal just fine up to a few months ago my best guess is you may be experiencing signal interruption due to that wonderful thing (not) they call 5G. Part of the c band spectrum was purchased (taken?) so that cell phone carriers could use it. Unfortunately it has had the effect of causing signal reception issues for some people. Since your dish is on the small side you may be more susceptible to this. To be sure, you could use a spectrum analyzer to look for terrestrial interference caused by 5G. If it exists you could try replacing your current lnbf with a C138 or C238 from Titanium Satellite. These are designed to filter the new 5G interference. If is is really strong and that does not work you may need to build an RF fence, install an RF shield on the rim of the dish or even relocate it behind a building to block the unwanted signals that are causing the interference. More about that in the thread below and links to the C138 and C238. Good luck! :)
Moving a BUD would be a big deal and cost $$. Best to get someone to test for 5G interference before relocating the dish.

Jonny, a RTL stick hooked to the coax with SDR sharp I think would go that high, Pretty sure my RTL V3 goes to 6 gig. You would have a waterfall in front of you to see what is Trumping the signals.P.S. Put a voltage blocking one port splitter on the coax. Make sure your RTL is on the voltage blocked port.

I may be out of my realm. Good reading in the link though.
5G is years out there in my area. But I do have a 5G phone. I have to drive to a city 40 miles away to even get a 5G signal.
As in my reply above. Twice a year I have to tweak the declination on my dish to get 131W. 127W has strong TP's across the board. A dB here or there is the difference between signal lock or not. Especially DVB-S2. Agree?
If you sweep your LNBF with an SDR I'm pretty sure you won't need 6GHz capability because you're only going to be sniffing the I.F in the range of 950-1450MHz.....or something like that. Something as simple as a piece of coax jumper opened up and a small decoupling capacitor soldered to the center conductor and insulated from the shield and a bit of soldering to connect the SDR should work just fine. Anyways. I'm pretty sure your everyday run of the mill SDR dongle only goes up to around 1.75GHz without running the harmonics firmware hack. And isn't SDR# only opened up to 2GHz?
I dunno. I use HDSDR and SDR Console.
Anyways. Has 5G cell interference been ruled out? And if your phone is 5G capable are you even getting a signal at the dish? There are tower and info apps to let you know. Or as in my case. Did the earth just tilt a little bit when the leaves started popping out and the snow melted? How about a sacrificial roll of foil folded over in half and wrapped around the dish rim as a test?

I will buy a new LNB then. How many Db it must be for better performance? I saw one that has 65 db.
Amplifier gain is only one parameter to consider and it is one spec that is rarely considered with most moden satellite systems.

The band pass filter frequency is very important. 3800 - 4200MHz frequency range is correct for North America, 3700 - 4200 filer pass through will not attenuate the 5G frequencies permitted in our region.

Testing with a 5G phone may not detect the correct band. Service providers are licensed for different bands. Just becase a phone is 5G, doesn't mean it uses the 3.7GHz band.

In your case, the undersized dish is likely a major factor as the beamwidth is not 2 degree compliant and signals are interfering from adjacent satellites.

Jonny, a RTL stick hooked to the coax with SDR sharp I think would go that high, Pretty sure my RTL V3 goes to 6 gig. You would have a waterfall in front of you to see what is Trumping the signals.P.S. Put a voltage blocking one port splitter on the coax. Make sure your RTL is on the voltage blocked port.
I was hoping that an RTL V3 would go up to 6 GHz, but I did a search just now and found the specs: RTL SDR V3 Datasheet It only goes up to 1766 MHz.

But you could hook it up to a C Band LNBF to down convert it into range of the RTL SDR. I would use a 2 output LNBF and power one of the ports with an FTA receiver. (The other port would be for the RTL-SDR). I know this works on the two output C Band LNBF sold by Titanium because I tried it before. Then you could use SDR Sharp with the waterfall running and point the C Band LNBF (without a dish) in various directions until you find out where the offending transmitter is.

There is an Android Phone App named "Network Cell Info Lite" which shows where cell towers are located.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)