Eutelsat 117w at 116.8

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cayemo

Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Hey guys ...
will be possible for me to get this bird from where I'm at..NJ

Yes.
screenshot.1485798893.jpg

Footprint is only part of the equation. As with any satellite, you will need a large enough dish. I received most of the C-band channels with a 7.5 foot dish here in Virginia, but several more with the 10 footer. For example, the Honduras mux at 3950 /V / 11250 is borderline even with the 10 footer. (Lots of Spanish music videos on this mux)

117W C-band has tons of Spanish programming. Little if any English.
117W KU has little to offer except for occasional feeds.

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
I just realized that the previous post was a bit misleading. When I said: "I received most of the C-band channels with the 7.5 dish..." I was referring ONLY to 117W.

There was quite a lot that I couldn't get across the arc. I wouldn't want to sound like I was endorsing any dish smaller than 10 foot for C-band. :bigok

Reactions: KE4EST
Thank you for all the responses
I will give a try sometime this week
I will be using a globe cast antenna
I'm interested in the KU ban

Just to be clear: There is only ONE channel ITC on 117W KU at this time, Tigo Star. All it does is advertise Tigo Star programming. Feeds are rare.

Everything else is scrambled. o_O

According to what I read, Globe Cast used a 75 cm (30") diameter dish?

Reactions: cayemo
at 116.7 KU, there are only 4 FTA channels on the KU band. One is a advert channel and has nothing worth watching. One is BYU, which is a religious channel. So, really there are only 2 channels with content. I won't mention those channels in this section.

I am using a 1.2m dish, and apparently can get more than armadillo_115

IBoston, I thought BYU ceased transmitting there. Is it still @ 12102 / H / 3703 ?

I blind scanned before I posted earlier... Maybe my Bud needs tweaking again. :rolleyes:

Thanks IBoston.
Still no BYU here on either receiver. Not even a blip. I suspect some moisture in a connector or maybe the button hook shifted a bit. Something to check when I'm feeling better. Nothing missing around the arc that i care about so far. :)

Just to be clear: There is only ONE channel ITC on 117W KU at this time, Tigo Star. All it does is advertise Tigo Star programming. Feeds are rare.

Everything else is scrambled. o_O

According to what I read, Globe Cast used a 75 cm (30") diameter dish?
I planning to bring a paying receiver from tigo ...75 cm is correct ...i have about 50 of this dishes

Reactions: armadillo_115
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)