Even more random thoughts

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
1. Is it poetic justice that Manny has yet to get a hit in the Tampa series after his incident?

2. Am I the only one who thinks the Rangers signing Wade Redden is not a good idea?
IMO, he's somewhat overrated, was fortunate to play on a stacked Ottawa team, and is soft as warm chocolate chip cookie dough.

3. Cam Neely, IMO, is hockey's version of Mickey Mantle- plagued by injuries in their prime, but when healthy, they were unstoppable

4. Will any Clippers fan join this site if Brand re-signs with them?

5. To relate to what Sandra said a short time ago, does ANYONE want to win the National League West? I don't see the winner of that division winning a single playoff game.

6. While the Tampa Rays rightfully deserve all the praise for their great season, let's give Texas a little dap. Everyone had Ron Washington getting fired by Memorial Day, and their players are having solid seasons.

7. Will Ryan Howard be the first p;ayer with 200-strikeouts in a season?

8. Will K-Rod break the single-season saves record?

9. Now that the Tigers have righted the ship, can we say the Mariners were the biggest overspending losers?

10. Phil Housley and Adam Oates are the most underappreciated hockey players of all-time.

11. There are a lot of threads that Sandra needs to contribute to- she can relate to some of them (NBA Draft, bad sports logos, All-Star game, etc).

12. Anyone getting slightly annoyed with all this Brett Favre comeback talk? (I'm not, but I am sure others are)

13. Do people still care about the Home Run Derby?

14. Will the N.L. finally win an All-Star Game?

15. How many Yankees will play in the Midsummer Classic?

16. The best ice cream flavors in history are Fox Fudge Freak-Out, Northern Exposure, and Bear Creek Caramel.

17. What would YOU do for a Klondike Bar? (Maybe Cheer for your most hated team for a day)

18. Why is Joe Buck so unpopular among many sports fans?

19. Over/Under: 6 years before the Pirates hit the .500 mark?

20. MLB on Fox is like a double-edged sword: While they finally have their games on every Saturday all year, it can be too predictable: New York, Chicago, or Los Angeles teams every freaking week!

1. Is it poetic justice that Manny has yet to get a hit in the Tampa series after his incident?

Yup. Karma is a beatchh!! :D

3. Cam Neely, IMO, is hockey's version of Mickey Mantle- plagued by injuries in their prime, but when healthy, they were unstoppable

Good call!!

6. While the Tampa Rays rightfully deserve all the praise for their great season, let's give Texas a little dap. Everyone had Ron Washington getting fired by Memorial Day, and their players are having solid seasons.

Great observation!! When the Rangers were swept (and I mean CRUSHED) in a 4 game Fenway series back in April..............I was calling them the worst team in baseball.

9. Now that the Tigers have righted the ship, can we say the Mariners were the biggest overspending losers?

I was saying that BEFORE the season started. The Tigers offseason moves were much better. I thought the Mariners were vastly overrated coming into the season (admittedly, i didn't think they were going to be THIS bad).

12. Anyone getting slightly annoyed with all this Brett Favre comeback talk? (I'm not, but I am sure others are)

Off the charts annoyed, but I'm sure it's mild compared to Aaron Rodgers.

16. The best ice cream flavors in history are Fox Fudge Freak-Out, Northern Exposure, and Bear Creek Caramel.

Not much of an ice cream guy (and if I do indulge it's usually soft serve), but I do love cookie dough. :lick