Everything to Know About Those Old Dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
k thanx. I hear thats what most of the satellite people around hear use. A nondestructive mounting system and a 8foot dish, i don't know if that is exact but they also use a dual lnb and some other stuff but i know they get like 300 good watchable channels and tons of other stuff to pick up. (radio, foreign channels etc)

ps i checked http://www.bigdish.info/ and looked at 4DTV and does that pick up what pansat and fortec cannot, also if it does pick up what the pansat or fortec can't, will it be able to pick up what they can (eg ac3 and mpeg).
also, it seems illegal that site mentioned something like being able to view cyphered channels and PPV???

$DTV is a top quality analog and digital combo IRD. You can slave your Pansat to it to use with the BUD for DVB and FTA channels. You can also add-on a HDTV box to the HDTV receiver.

The 4DTV is a top quality analog and digital C/Ku combo IRD. You can slave your Pansat to it to use with the BUD for DVB and FTA channels. You can also add-on a HDTV box to the 4DTV receiver.

charper1 said:
The 4DTV is a top quality analog and digital C/Ku combo IRD. You can also add-on a HDTV box to the 4DTV receiver.
I've thought about that, I would have to get a sidecar 4dtv to go with one of my old Ird's plus the Hd box, but would have access to Both feeds from all that are offered...

so to be able to view 4DTV with a normal TV (i have no HD), I would need a 4DTV receiver, and than the pansat receiver would be attached to it?

The Fortec looked better than the pansat. Does it have ac3 and all the needed. I'm looking for a setup that will allow me to pickup every legal channel there is for my area.

From what I have seen, I will be choosing Fortec Lifetime Ultra's for the next recievers I will be buying. The Fortec has lots of great features including Blind Scan, AC3 output, and a USALS function that most people say works great.

I'll be there, crossing my fingers and hoping :) I have to laugh, I've shown my neighbors / friends what I am receiving with my FTA system and now 3 of them are getting ready to purchase complete motorized systems. I have a feeling im going to be spending some time out in the cold this winter ;)

If anyone is looking for a 4d here is the best deal around. Not sure if they still have the HBO/MAX package deal for the 4d but if so I'd get that instead.

BEST PRICE EVER on 4DTV Digital Receiver!
NPS and Showtime have joined to offer the best 4DTV Digital Receiver price EVER! This special offer of $379.00 is 52% off the retail price of $799.99. To take advantage of this offer, you just sign up for a 1 year subscription to Showtime/TMC/FLIX at $149/yr and you save $420.99 on the 4DTV unit. Because you get 52% off the retail price, there has never been a better time to go digital. PLUS, if you purchase now, you will also receive a FREE month of absolute digital programming.

The future of C-Band is in digital programming. Don’t get left behind. Call now! NPS is working for C-Band Every Day. This special $379 offer is the lowest price in the industry. NPS, Your One Call Solution. Call 1-800-786-9677 to order your 4DTV Digital receiver and the Showtime/TMC/FLIX Combo package today. Offer expires 12/31/2004. Supplies are limited.

Cheapest hdd 200 is from here www.rpssat.com or of course ebay.

Good Luck! I just hope someone like you with an interest and the motivation wins the Fortec Lifetime Ultra, and not someone who will have no use for it!

I also find working in the cold certainly focuses the mind!

PSB,
working in the cold sure does focus the mind!! I was up on my roof yesterday during a snowstorm pointing my pizza dish at 119, it was about 25 degrees out brrrrrrrr. At least it only took me 1 trip to the roof, I'm getting pretty good at pointing dishes. I now have all three of my dishes pointed, pizza dish at 119, winegard 30" at G10 and 10' BUD at Nimik f1/f2 :) Now I just have to wait till spring to finish setting up my BUD so that it is motorized, I can hardly wait.

BTW besides the standard FTA stuff found on 119 (nasa, angel 1, audio) it appeared Sirius was / is doing a promo, as about 10 Sirus channels were also available (at least as of last night).

Brrrr! its -10 C. (15F) here right now, we had 60mph winds yesterday so there will be a LOAD of satellites needing repointed this week in the cold! Thanks for the Sirius info, on my way over there right now!

Damn...just when I took down my LNB for 119 :( Have to put it back up. I knew about the 10 freeview ones (with a slate trying to get you to buy Sirius)

All of my dishes held up...didnt move the motorized one yesterday. It was very very windy here in Mpls yesterday

I dont envy you PSB, im just glad all my stuff is set up before we started getting severe cold. Now I just have to figure out how to clean snow off of my BUD, its kinda high up there, i was thinking a pushbroom with a custom made 10' handle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dish movers--your opinion please

Satellite Pointing Game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)