Everything to Know About Those Old Dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
iXneonXi said:
WHOAH!!! for the Ku band there's like 300+ channels and tons of radio. All those local channels from around the US. Really neat and you say if i have a good setup i can get them all? CBAND has alot too. Whats the better band even though if i'm gonna get a setup i'll make sure it can get both bands. I'm gonna have2 look up what lnb and dvb is unless somebody plz explains.
Thats neat stuff.

<edit> still alot of channels, but i forgot to take out the DTV scrambled and other scrambled channels. (amc/echostar) i remember when echostar was free and everyone in my neighborhood had one... or maybe they hacked it? bad idea.

they probably hacked it :)

yeah, Mikes site is nice, but the only things on 121 & 105 are the "You have a Superdish at " screen

Lol my bad hacking neighborhood. (still i remember a time when everyone had a c-band dish)

what/where's mike's site?

kusat looks like an awesome place. hey question, since the pansat2500a is fta, and we decided to order a subscription service, would we just put the unscrambler they gave us before the receiver in the connection or does the pansat not handle it?
also whats with the other models of pansat like 500 something, or you think the 2500a seems the best-- sure does look good specially when i can get it for 200 with a switch.

**requesting moderator favor: please put all info regarding my questions and posts into the "everything to know about those dishes" thread so its my centralized place for knowledge about this.

whats 121 and 125, probably just missed them, and could somebody please answer the question in "theft put us all at risk" also I'm asking a favor for a moderator to move info about my posts over here, so that i can keep this as a centralized place for knowledge.

seems less professional but has neat concepts and cool ideas to lookat.
So how about that favor PSB?

I have merged your threads together as requested hopefully you will be able to keep better track this way, have fun!

thanks, u merged them to this thread it seems? Do you remembe which ones they were b/c its hard to find which is from which though thats good i can't remember how many i made in the other so it blends but gets confusing at points now because they don't follow the same pattern.

Hey, in addition to answering the previous post, could anybody please tell me where to find information (picture / graphic) of the parts of a satellite. Just to get a visual of where lnb, motor etc actually is and a nice picture of the stuff. I want to know that just for fun. Also, looking through all that i'd like to know it about a dual band system (so a larger dish but with dual support) and install instructions to get an idea of all this stuff.

Ok, now that I seem to have plenty of knowledge on this subject, i'm going to say something and please verify. If i already have a good 7foot satellite dish (older mesh but looks like it should work-- got it off somebody's farm) but i think the motor is dead. I'm not sure about dish mover. The LNB is outdated I beleive. I would also need wiring and my guess pvc pipe to run to the house. I want a non-intrusive mount so i'd have to buy one of those. I'm sure i'm leaving out parts but i'm going to ask yall to fill me in and give me a price estimate.

Include the $200 pansat 2500a price w/ switch, the LNB and motor price, and some other prices you'll figure out (mount etc).

Thanks for all the help and once knowing a total price of setting up a good dualband system, i will be really happy and be able to estimate how long it will be to have one of these systems.

darnet i check in b/c 2 ppl replied to my post but :( nobody answered my pricing question although i do say its quite overwhelming but i'd be happy for the feedback because i'm trying to budget this.

You can find great info here www.4dtvrock.com big dish is the best more channels lower cost best quality hands down. The cost is high for new stuff but many people have been scammed and switched to pizza dish and do not use there bud anymore so you can grab one for free some people may pay you just to remove it from there property. If you want to put it in the ground or on a roof mount its up to you. Good info here http://www.bigdish.info/ channels if you get a 4d here http://www.4dtv.com/Xcel/xcel.htm parts here www.rpssat.com or ebay.
I would highly recommend a c/ku feedhorn and lnbs and no dish under 8.5feet.
Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)