ex-Penn State coach Sandusky sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Penn State has found it's new coach...

former New England Patriots OC, Bill O'Brien

The alums don't like it, but they had to go outside the program. What's interesting though it that no "name" candidates were even part of the interview process...

titans offensive quality control coach charles london is expected to join as the running backs coach

Today is the first time I read some of the testimony from the trail....and all I can is I am disgusted and death would be too easy and quick for this scumbag and the AD at Penn State should DEFINITELY be investigated for lack of oversite and institutional control.

That's a disturbing article, but then everything about the case is disturbing.

From the link:

Sources close to the investigation confirm both e-mails in the file kept by Schultz as well as e-mails found in computer data indicate high-ranking Penn State officials, including Spanier, Schultz and former athletic director Tim Curley, knew about an alleged sexual assault that took place in the Penn State locker room shower.

Yesterday, NBC News reported that email exchanges from 2001 between Schultz (pictured, left) and former PSU president Graham Spanier allegedly showed the two thought it would be “humane” to Sandusky to not involve authorities regarding allegations against him. Penn State has maintained that all emails relevant to the case have been turned over

And how come this was not IMMEDIATELY turnover to the police??!! For ALL of you that does NOT constitute "lack of institutional control"...you are on crack! This CLEARLY show there was wrong doing BY people BEYOND the AD and did absolutely nothing about it. Sorry, but BECAUSE of this...they fire EVERYONE from the coaching staff all the way up to the highest levels of the administration.

From the link:

And how come this was not IMMEDIATELY turnover to the police??!! For ALL of you that does NOT constitute "lack of institutional control"...you are on crack! This CLEARLY show there was wrong doing BY people BEYOND the AD and did absolutely nothing about it. Sorry, but BECAUSE of this...they fire EVERYONE from the coaching staff all the way up to the highest levels of the administration.
You're not going there again, are you??

This whole Sandusky case is a legal issue, to be decided in the courts, with penalties and ramifications far exceeding anything the NCAA could ever dream of. LOIC is simply an NCAA term:

LOIC centers on if there were adequate policies and procedures in place for an institution to comply with NCAA rules, and if those steps were being monitored and enforced by designated individuals at the time of a violation. A failure to monitor occurs when those policies and procedures are in place to comply with NCAA rules, but the institution failed to fully monitor specific areas of the program for limited periods of time.

The NCAA Committee on Infractions provides the following list as a roadmap for institutions to avoid a finding of a lack of institutional control:

* The NCAA rules applicable to each operation are readily available to those persons involved in that operation.
* Appropriate forms are provided to persons involved in specific operations to ensure that they will properly follow NCAA rules.
* A procedure is established for timely communication among various university offices regarding determinations that affect compliance with NCAA rules.
* Meaningful compliance education programs are provided for personnel engaged in athletically related operations.
* Informational and educational programs are established to inform athletics boosters of the limitations on their activities under NCAA rules and of the penalties that can arise if they are responsible for rule violations.
* Informational and educational programs are established for student-athletes regarding the rules that they must follow
* An internal monitoring system is in place to ensure compliance with NCAA rules.
* An external audit of athletics compliance is undertaken at reasonable intervals.
* The chief executive officer and other senior administrators make clear that they demand compliance with NCAA rules and that they will not tolerate those who deliberately violate the rules or do so through gross negligence.
* The institution and its staff members have a long history of self-detecting, self-reporting and self-investigating all potential violations.

Is Sandusky on trial for allegedly breaking laws against society, or not complying with NCAA rules??

Defining 'Lack of Institutional Control' - WRALSportsFan.com

Sorry. But there was no "institutional control". The administration had FULL acknowledgement that something wrong was going on WITHIN the athletic department BY MEMBERS of the athletic department AND the university.....and did NOTHING. Tell me, in you quotes mentioned above, does it mention if a player or a coach is caught gambling or throwing games? IF I am not mistaken, there is nothing there....but yet IF there are reports or allegations. THAT will be investigated by the NCAA. IF you have proof on a coach that has done not only illegal things on campus, but on in the athletic grounds...WHY NOT? That coach could VERY WELL be endangering the health and well being of a student athlete. Then withhold that information because you are afraid of endangering the reputation of a coach or school...

...Lack of institutional control..

It is YOUR responsibility as a member of the administration to turn in your findings to the NCAA and the police.

Sorry. But there was no "institutional control". The administration had FULL acknowledgement that something wrong was going on WITHIN the athletic department BY MEMBERS of the athletic department AND the university.....and did NOTHING. Tell me, in you quotes mentioned above, does it mention if a player or a coach is caught gambling or throwing games? IF I am not mistaken, there is nothing there....but yet IF there are reports or allegations. THAT will be investigated by the NCAA. IF you have proof on a coach that has done not only illegal things on campus, but on in the athletic grounds...WHY NOT? That coach could VERY WELL be endangering the health and well being of a student athlete. Then withhold that information because you are afraid of endangering the reputation of a coach or school...

...Lack of institutional control..

It is YOUR responsibility as a member of the administration to turn in your findings to the NCAA and the police.
I'm not sure how many ways I can say it: "Lack of Institutional Control" is a phrase coined by the NCAA that defines whether or not a school has the mechanism in place to abide by their rules. If found guilty, what Sandusky and others at Penn State did were criminal acts, far from the jurisdiction of the NCAA. All found guilty will have lost their jobs, tarnished their careers, and most likely will serve some jail time as well. Civil lawsuits will soon follow and probably drag on for years.

The reputation of the university has been stained, possibly for a generation. Do you really think the NCAA should get involved to punish the football program further and those remaining and future players and coaches for the acts of the past??

If anything, in an ironic sort of way, I would argue that there was too much control on the part of the football program at Penn State. They disgustingly managed to keep this episode secret for many years. And, it had nothing to do with NCAA violations....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Week 5 Picks (Thursday Game)

Detroit Lions legend Alex Karras has passed away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)