Excellent service call experience

jrchip01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
Virginia
I was getting a "complete signal loss" message on all receivers for certain channels. Also, I could only get about 2 or 3 hours of the program guide. I have a 2-dish setup (61.5 on a Dish 500 and 110, 119 and 129 on a Dish 1000). "System Info" showed that 119 and 129 were dead. I checked and tightened all connections. 119 came back, as did the program guide. However, 129 was still dead. Called late yesterday to set up a morning service call for today.

Tech showed up promptly at 0800. She found a bad barrel connector and replaced it. I thought that fixed the problem since "System Info" indicated that 129 had returned to health. I was ready to let the tech walk out the door when she wisely suggested trying one of the former "complete signal loss" channels. I did and lo and behold, it was still out of service. She replaced the DPP-444 switch - problem solved.

I was very impressed with this whole experience:

1) Initial call to Tech Support took only a few minutes - tech was courteous and
quickly determined that a service call would be required.

2) Call was scheduled for the next day

3) Service tech promptly arrived at the very beginning of the service time window.

4) Tech was very methodical and competent - kept at it until she found the source of the problem.

If she was a good tech, she would have replaced the line that had the barrel in it. Dish wants straight runs from dish to ground block and from ground block to receiver.

If she was a good tech, she would have replaced the line that had the barrel in it. Dish wants straight runs from dish to ground block and from ground block to receiver.

Jimmerinwi:

The tech did mention that Dish requires straight runs on new installations. However given that the ground was frozen solid,
this would have been quite difficult. If this winter ever ends, I'll try again.

Chip

LOL If dish wants straight runs from the ground block to receiver, there are millions of "not-to-code" installs due to diplexors and wall plates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)