Experts help Traxis 4500 with Dish 1000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kandiru

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Hi:

Total FTA newb here. I got a Dish 1000 that i am installing this week with an 811 strictly for HD(well or sort of, xxxxing E* slashing resolutions i hear) for $20/mo :)

Now the tricky part. I have a Traxis 4500 FTA receiver.

1. What will i be getting by simply plugging that box into the Dish 1000 at its 119 deg. location?

2. If i put the dish on a motor will i be able to reliably lock it back to Dish programming after done with FTA without making the trip to the roof?

3. This one has been grinding me for a while. A tall building is blocking view at about 250 degrees (live in Southern Ohio). What is the useful arc (Clarke's belt or else) that my dish will have to turn to locate most of the satellites? Also anyone know where i can pinpoint the European (i know, i know fresh off the boat here ) satellites.

Thank you in advance guys, awesome Iceberg policed community :)

Kandiru said:
1. What will i be getting by simply plugging that box into the Dish 1000 at its 119 deg. location?
The audio channels & NASA TV

2. If i put the dish on a motor will i be able to reliably lock it back to Dish programming after done with FTA without making the trip to the roof?
most of the satellites need a 30" (or larger) dish and KU band LNB.

Also anyone know where i can pinpoint the European (i know, i know fresh off the boat here ) satellites.
The European satellites are aimed at Europe only. No way to get them here.

Thank you Iceberg, at least i'll get the latest in space exploration, one of my favorites.

It feels good to be part of your group. I'm learning a lot lately, kudos to you and your buddies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)