Extending the Recording Ending Time > 3 hours (HR-34)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is this possible (manually somehow)?

Thx

You should be able to do it like the other D* DVRs ...

The way I do it, I find the show I want to record in the guide, hit Info, then Record Once, or series, at this point you have the options to change how long to Keep it and when to Start and End, highlight the Stop, Select, then you can push it out to 3 hours.

Thanks Jimbo, but to clarify, I want to extend the recording end time by MORE than the 3 hour limit.

?Is this doable or is 3 hours the max?

Is this OTA or satellite? I lost two OTA golf matches earlier this year when I extended them using the manual method. I got nothing but a black screen. I’m not sure why that happened, but from now on when its OTA I just go to the guide and record every show that follows until I feel I have padded it enough. I haven’t had a program cut short doing a manual extension of a satellite program. You can extend it however long you like.

the max you can extend is 3 hours past the end time.
You can do a manual recording for as long as you want (I had to do that for a Nascar race once this year...just did a manual timer)

Never done a "manual" recording before. Can someone please tell me how to go about this on the HR34.

?Thx

yup pretty much what lacubs said

but one word of note. If you do one...before you set it up make sure you are on the channel that you want to record. When you say manual record the 1st option is the channel that you are currently on. So if you want to record say BTN (610) and you're on a local station (4) you have to scroll through ALL the channels to get to it. You just cant hit "610"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)